Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to Stay

Places to Stay

My wife and I are trying to get up to take my boy to his first Reds game at some point this summer. I haven't been in a long, long time. I was pretty young. Anyway, is the Hilton close to the stadium a good place to stay?? If not, what else would anyone suggest?? I just want somewhere safe and decent. We will probably only be there one night, maybe two at the most. Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Places to Stay

We find that the closer to the stadium, the higher the rent and more need for a reservation. So we ended up at Travel Lodge, east down highway 10, and a straight shot. We have a nice room with hot tubs, pool, and kitchenette for $75 or so. Ask for room 228.

"Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

I usually stay across the river in Covington at the Radisson. Decent hotel with a nice view. There is a bus that picks you up about a block away. The cost is around 50 cents and they take you right to the stadium. That is where I will be staying for the second and third game of the year against the Halos!

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    My wife and I are trying to get up to take my boy to his first Reds game at some point this summer. I haven't been in a long, long time. I was pretty young. Anyway, is the Hilton close to the stadium a good place to stay?? If not, what else would anyone suggest?? I just want somewhere safe and decent. We will probably only be there one night, maybe two at the most. Thanks!
    My wife and I always try to stay at the Hilton when we come to town for a Reds game very nice place to stay and close to food and about a five minute walk to the stadium.

We've had good experiences with the Hampton Inn just across the river. You're within walking distance of the shuttle, parking is free, and the breakfast is excellent.

I have stayed at the Netherlands Hilton and the Westin. Both were nice. Westin smaller but more modern rooms. The website CinncinattiUSA does have half price reds tickets if you book your hotel through them. It is a really good ticket deal. Offer Good on all tickets except for clubseats.

My family and I stayed at the garfield suites downtown. It is a few blocks away, but they have a free shuttle service to the stadium if you don't want to walk and they provide a garage for you to park in. They also have a nice bar and grill in the lobby.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Tommy....your Mr. Baseball quote reminds me of Scott Rolen trying to get a contract this off-season.......

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    My family and I stayed at the garfield suites downtown. It is a few blocks away, but they have a free shuttle service to the stadium if you don't want to walk and they provide a garage for you to park in. They also have a nice bar and grill in the lobby.
    I second the Garfield Suites. I've stayed there a few times, and it's always been great. Like Tommy said, the shuttle service is free, but the walk can't be more than a mile, and on a nice day or night it isn't too bad at all.

I'm bringing this thread back to life because we have tickets for the Cardinals, August 2nd. What about the Millenium?? Is it in a good place and close enough to walk or not?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    I'm bringing this thread back to life because we have tickets for the Cardinals, August 2nd. What about the Millenium?? Is it in a good place and close enough to walk or not?? Thanks!
    I like it. They have bulldozed the parking lot next to it, but they have valet parking too, and there is still more parking nearby. I like it, and it is a nice walk to and from GABP with a big crowd of other fans staying there.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I like it. They have bulldozed the parking lot next to it, but they have valet parking too, and there is still more parking nearby. I like it, and it is a nice walk to and from GABP with a big crowd of other fans staying there.

The Residence Inn is currently the top rated hotel in Cincinnati on TripAdvisor.com. Includes free breakfast and 'suite type' rooms usually with seperate sleeping areas and kitchen facilities. You can read the reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...nati_Ohio.html and price out a stay. Also, through that page you can read reviews of 61 other Cincinnati hotels. Have fun it should be a GREAT trip! Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

No one has recommedend the hotel i'm staying at so that can't be good!

Turn Off Ads?