Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Buster Olney and Jonah Keri on the Reds (video)

Buster Olney and Jonah Keri on the Reds (video)

Just thought I'd share an interesting video of Buster Olney and Jonah Keri talking about a number of baseball topics, but they completely gushed on Votto, Chapman, Price and the Reds in general:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJsI5TXGNXk
    (Reds talk starts at 9:14)

I'm getting more and more excited about this upcoming season......

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Buster Olney and Jonah Keri on the Reds (video)

It was interesting to hear that the Rays have tried repeatedly to trade for Hanigan but have been turned away every time. Hadn't heard that before

Great couple of minutes of Reds discussion. Gotta give both those national guys credit for seemingly being pretty knowledgeable about the Reds.

So Olney has Mes in AAA to start the year I see....

My hope is that we laugh at ourselves for ever balking at the notion of putting Chapman in the rotation! And, of course, my dread is that we say, "I knew it would blow up!"

thx for the video...

itīs nice to see someone talk about the reds... in germany nobody talks about baseball

canīt wait till opening day

Thanks for the link. The Votto discussion is really interesting and it made me go back and look at his pre- and post-injury splits from 2012.

He hit .316/.505/.421 with zero HRs when he came back from injury. His power was taken away from him by his injury and he was able to be extremely productive by raising his already stellar OBP to above .500. I don't think there is another player in baseball that could maintain that kind of production after his power tool is taken from him. He is just an amazing hitter.

What a surprisingly informative discussion. I knew Joey's OPS+ was remarkable, but I had no idea that it ranks among the greatest of all time (I'm still a bit green when it comes to sabermetrics). The discussion about his two-strike approach was also quite interesting--it makes you step back and really appreciate his talent. Though I know I am not the only one, I've always thought that Chapman has within him the potential to become the next David Price, so it was nice seeing Olney bring him up as a comparison. Thanks for the clip!

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    thx for the video...

itīs nice to see someone talk about the reds... in germany nobody talks about baseball

canīt wait till opening day
    I know what you mean; I just lived in Garmisch, Germany for the past year and I could not be happier to finally speak baseball with people.

Great video! Olney really likes making that Ted Williams-Votto comparison, doesn't he?

Turn Off Ads?