Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds on the Road

Re: Reds on the Road

Chicago in May, Atlanta in July, and possibly Milwaukee in August or September.

St. Louis would be on this list but there are no weekend series there. There are, however, 2 in Cincinnati - one in June and the other in August.

Go RedLegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hope to go to several on the west coast in late July...SF, LA, SD. Will know mid April if everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm definitely going to all 3 games here in Houston. Considering the change of leagues, it might be my last chance for a VERY long while.

I've gotta admit, I kinda hope MLB keeps them on the Reds interleague schedule. But I think the chances are slim.
    I'll be in San Antonio at the end of October, with any luck maybe the Reds will play a W.S. game there and I can try to make it
    Is it "next season" yet?

Worth The Wait

Closing in on a trip that will land us at Miller Park in early July; also a strong possibility I go see them for a game or two in Arlington.

High five!
    Saw them last year in San Diego. I'll probably do that again this year.

I'll see them in DC in April as well. Looking forward to that, for sure. I might make the Chicago series in late May. After that I doubt I'll see them outside Cincinnati, although a trip to SF is never out of mind.

I'm going to try for one of the games in DC too. RedsZone invades the Capital.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm going to try to make the April 26 game in DC. Flying out of town the next morning so I won't catch any of the other games. I always try to catch a Reds game when they're in town.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Well, I wasn't considering catching the DC games until I came into this thread, but that could be a possibility. I definitely will catch them for all three when they're in town playing the Metropolitans. I'm considering taking a train to Philly for one of those also.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'm going to try for one of the games in DC too. RedsZone invades the Capital.
    Sure sounds that way. There were a lot of Reds fans last year too in DC. Quite a few in and around the section I was seated.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I want to try to get out to Pittsburgh this season. I've been meaning to for a while; it's not even that long of a trip for me.

Also there has been talk of maybe going to Colorado.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

I'll try to catch them in San Diego, if I don't have to work, just down the road. Terriffic park, great DT area or, even catch the game for free from the rooftop of the Marriott Gaslamp. Closed circut TV, you look down from the bar (called Altitude) directly into the ballpark (from left field) so it might be something like watching from the seats above the Green Monster at Fenway (something I've never done) and you can see the ball clearly enough that you can follow it in flight or on the ground! Fire pits, food and drink available. Anyone heading to S. D. might want to check this opportunity out.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I'll try to catch them in San Diego, if I don't have to work, just down the road. Terriffic park, great DT area or, even catch the game for free from the rooftop of the Marriott Gaslamp. Closed circut TV, you look down from the bar (called Altitude) directly into the ballpark (from left field) so it might be something like watching from the seats above the Green Monster at Fenway (something I've never done) and you can see the ball clearly enough that you can follow it in flight or on the ground! Fire pits, food and drink available. Anyone heading to S. D. might want to check this opportunity out.

Rem
    I live in SD and make it a point to attend all Reds games. I had wondered about the view from the buildings surrounding the park. I hadn't realized you could pick up the ball from there.

Possibly Miami, though it's a midweek series (did that last year), and may make the 8 hour drive to Atlanta for their weekend series there.

Van Hot: Yeah, it surprised me too, the first time I went there---it wasn't perfect but, yeah, you could actually see the ball with the naked eye. Add in the TV, the fire pits, the comfy seating and the food and drink and it was a very nice evening--and it wasn't even a Reds game I was watching. (lol)

Don't forget about he stadium tour before the game! I haven't taken it but I've been told it's great and I intend to try to take it this summer.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Turn Off Ads?