Turn Off Ads?

Thread: WBC uniforms

WBC uniforms

Does it annoy anyone else that every team in the WBC wears the same styled uniforms with the color panel up the sides and continuing across the shoulder. Surely one of these teams would want to design their own uniforms to represent their country and say screw you WBC and the company that paid you to be the official uniform supplier of the tournament, we're capable of getting ourselves some uni's.
    While I'm on uniforms it also annoys me how the little league world series teams don't get to wear their hometown uniform but those generic regional ones. Imagine the Reds getting back to the WS this year and coming out in a "National League" uniform.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WBC uniforms

Nope...I actually really dig the USA jerseys.

The only thing that bothers me is how the USA hats are a different shade of blue than the jerseys. How do professional designers let that happen?

I don't dislike the USA uniforms I just don't like that every team has the same style jersey with no individual team Having their own design.
    Another thing why is Italy's uniform blue and not red and green?

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    Made me look it up...

The Italian national teams wear blue because it is the colour of Savoia, the ruling house of Italy from 1861 to 1946. Until the end of the second world war, the Italian flag always had the Savoy coat of arms in the centre, and it was only after the family were overthrown,and the Italian Republic established in 1946, that the plain tricolor was adopted as the national flag

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...=1006051819504

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    Their national soccer team also wears blue. Their nickname is the Azzurri - which is blue in Italian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Italians always view their color as blue, in sports and out of them. It's the national color. I vividly remember being shocked as a kid when I found out the Italian flag was red, white and green and not blue. I don't think there's any national identification with those colors in the way America has with its flag.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)
    Venezuela is maroon. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Venezuela is maroon. Anyone know why?
    Their national soccer team is known as "The Burgundy" and the baseball team borrowed their uniform color scheme.

Turn Off Ads?