Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Votto to play in WBC

Votto to play in WBC

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but Fay just tweeted that Votto will play for Team Canada. Hopefully that means he's fully healthy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto to play in WBC

The general feeling has been that if he's not back to normal he would skip the WBC. The fact that he's playing pretty much confirms that Votto is officially healthy again.

Joey is a whussy for not playing against the Reds! What is the sense of scheduling the game or let Canada train in Goodyear if he was not going to play in that game? Jeter played against the Yankees when he was a member of Team USA and Robinson Cano will probably play against the Yankees for the Dom Rep. this week. Come on Joey, it's good fun!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a reason to watch the WBC.

I wouldnīt want a pitcher at the wbc, but Iīve no problem with hitters joining the national teams...

germany didnīt make it, but now I can root for team USA and Canada....

USA needs Canada to beat Mexico to possibly avoid elimination tonight. Another reason to root for Votto.

Huge brawl in the Mexico Canada game.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Huge brawl in the Mexico Canada game.
    I am resisting the temptation to make a Chris Carpenter joke right now.

Holy crap! Luis Cruz visually told his pitcher to hit the next batter after the bunt. That's screwed up right there. How will he explain that to his......

Cicero, you're a stronger man than I...

That fight would have been much more entertaining if I wasn't so worried about someone taking out Joey's knee. Now I can exhale.

Nice job, Team Canada, though.

Joey stayed clear of any action in the fight, it was almost comical how far back he was standing

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Joey stayed clear of any action in the fight, it was almost comical how far back he was standing
    Good. If it were up to me, he would have been placed in a hermetically sealed bubble.

From Bob Nightengale's twitter referring to Canadian manager Ernie Whitt:

Whitt: You can't hurt us Canadians
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

DatDude with some clutch play tonight. An RBI single and a very good defensive play from his knees. I get angry whenever someone doesn't mention him as the best defensive second baseman in baseball

Quote Originally Posted by 90reds View Post
    DatDude with some clutch play tonight. An RBI single and a very good defensive play from his knees. I get angry whenever someone doesn't mention him as the best defensive second baseman in baseball
    He's made 3 highlight reel plays at 2nd so far in the WBC.....3 of em in 2 games....dude is having a gold glove tournament so far.

Turn Off Ads?