Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    And now the word's I never thought I would EVER, EVER, EVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAR hear come out of my mouth/keyboard....

LETS GO MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!
    Doesn't really bother me. I can understand the Rich Rod angle but Beilein left for a better job and unlike Rod, paid his buyout.

That being said, Go Blue! I'm sure most of Big Blue Nation will be behind the Wolverines tomorrow night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Doesn't really bother me. I can understand the Rich Rod angle but Beilein left for a better job and unlike Rod, paid his buyout.

That being said, Go Blue! I'm sure most of Big Blue Nation will be behind the Wolverines tomorrow night. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I know you hear some that say "root for the state school" etc, but like I told someone the other day, I doubt you would see many UNC fans pulling for the Dukies to win the title ( or visa versa).

So Louisville's men and women will play for national championships on back to back nights. They should be commissioning a massive statue to Tom Jurich in Louisville (though it should be required to include a footnote on Steve Kragthorpe and how he blamed Petrino and the fans for that situation).

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I know you hear some that say "root for the state school" etc, but like I told someone the other day, I doubt you would see many UNC fans pulling for the Dukies to win the title ( or visa versa).
    Never. As a North Carolina fan I would root for the Taliban basketball team to beat Duke.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

6. Likes:

westofyou (04-08-2013)

Just can't enjoy Louisville basketball with Pitino as coach. Oh well. I'll be more excited if the women win, frankly.

Great ballgame and great action by 2 teams that went it tooth and nail.. And I hate UM.

Terrible reffing. Just awful.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Great ballgame and great action by 2 teams that went it tooth and nail.
    Terrible reffing. Just awful.
    QFT.

Louisville won the battle of the hustle stats (rebounds, steals and blocks) 44-32.....Ballgame.

From my own personal standpoint, it would have been nice for a B1G team to win it all. But, thanks to Schools moving to new conferences willy-nilly, conference "chest thumping" doesn't seem to have the same meaning to me as it used to.

Anyway, congrats to Josh and all of the Louisville fans out there.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Congrats basketball auburn!

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Congrats basketball auburn!
    Not sure what you are saying.

Are you accusing UofL of serious violations by a bad coach who will get fired in two years? If so, I don't think I need to respond.

Are you calling the Cards a flash-in-the-pan? Back-to-back Final Fours, three national championships, and a top 5 recruiting class coming in say different.

Are you calling the Cards "little brother"? There is truth in that, it is a huge uphill battle to beat the big university in the state, but UofL is doing it in football, basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball. There is a lot of history to overcome, but there is little doubt who currently has the better athletic department.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Not sure what you are saying.

Are you accusing UofL of serious violations by a bad coach who will get fired in two years? If so, I don't think I need to respond.

Are you calling the Cards a flash-in-the-pan? Back-to-back Final Fours, three national championships, and a top 5 recruiting class coming in say different.

Are you calling the Cards "little brother"? There is truth in that, it is a huge uphill battle to beat the big university in the state, but UofL is doing it in football, basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball. There is a lot of history to overcome, but there is little doubt who currently has the better athletic department.
    Let the haters hate. Little brother has had an athletics year that big brother can only dream about.

On a unifying point, its become clear where the center of the college basketball universe is right now and it's not tobacco road. The bluegrass is dominant right now.

I wonder if anyone has a gif of Pitino ducking when the fireworks went off. He heard that boom and he put his hands over his head and ducked like there was a grenade coming in. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-09-2013)

16. Likes:

Chip R (04-09-2013)

Awesome! Thanks.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed because I'm sure it would sound like sour grapes coming from an alum, but the officiating was awful last night. I've seen worse, but they were pretty bad. I'd like to believe it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but there were enough blatantly bad calls down the stretch to not know if that's the case or not. I hate seeing officiating play any role at all in big games.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Let the haters hate. Little brother has had an athletics year that big brother can only dream about.

On a unifying point, its become clear where the center of the college basketball universe is right now and it's not tobacco road. The bluegrass is dominant right now.
    Not going to hate. Congrats to Louisville on an amazing season overall in football and both basketballs. The only solace is that right now Kentucky as a state is the epicenter of college basketball, despite what ESPN would like to portray. With Kentucky winning it last year, Louisville last night, and Kentucky primed for another run next season, basketball as a whole is fun to watch in the Bluegrass.

Besides, it makes it more fun when your rivals are more evenly matched.

On a more serious note, I kinda wonder if Pitino will call it quits. With the HOF induction, Richard landing the Minnesota job, and winning a national championship outside of Lexington, there has been some speculation that he may go out on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?