Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Wow, Wright State. That was probably the ugliest final 5 minutes of a basketball game that I've ever seen.
    So, in a manner of speaking, five Wrights CAN make a Wrong.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Just a hunch, Scrap, but I can see a Gonzaga/WKU first round matchup.

The reasoning:

* Two non-BCS schools with rich College B-Ball traditions/NCAA tourney success histories. It wasn't that long ago when nobody at all would have been surprised to see the aforementioned schools matched-up in the Sweet 16.

* For the simple reason that Gonzaga does not play in a BCS conference, they are perceived as the weakest #1 seed, not that I agree with this line of reasoning at all -- they are for real. But, given the fact that WKU was largely an injury-riddled team all year and are finally healthy and playing well, WKU profiles as the type of low seed capable of taking a heavy favorite down to the wire, with a chance to steal the game at the end.

If said match up were to materialize, I imagine that the record for viewership of a 1/16 match up would match or exceed the Georgetown/Princeton classic match up ratings of 1989.
    Yeah, but Gonzaga's not nearly as much fun to hate as IU.

How about a 2-15 match-up with Duke?

Heh.

Could it happen two years in a row?

I'm tooting my own horn here, as I'm so often wrong. However, a month ago, I typed, when another poster insisted only one SEC team would make the tourney:

Missouri has been ranked all year. They'll make it, no doubt.

Same with Ole Miss.

At least one of Kentucky and Alabama will make it, most likely both. Even Tennessee and Arkansas have outside shots of making the NCAAs.

I suspect Kentucky will make the big tourney assuming they win out against lower echelon teams and win at least one more big game against an upper division team.

Now, they might be a 12 seed, but they'll make it.
    And, later in that same thread:

'Bama has a 2-2 record against the Top 25. Bad losses, yes, but, this year, who hasn't? Their schedule sets up as less than stellar the rest of the way. A 5-2 record looks more than likely the rest of the way, with an 11-6 overall SEC mark. A win in the SEC Tourney-- maybe two-- and there's no doubt they make it, IMO.

Ole Miss, too, has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way-- they may very well win out to the SEC Tourney. That'd put them at 12-4 in the league. And of those four losses in five games, three came against Florida, UK, and Mizzou. (One "tough" game against 'Bama left, and that one at home.)

Arkansas beat Florida-- badly. The same Florida team that, IMO, is one of the two or three top teams in basketball this year. They have four tough games left and may make hay if they can catch fire again. What happens if they beat Kentucky and Mizzou? That'd be three Top 25 wins and a 10-6 league record.

Tennessee has three tough games left, but no bad losses. (Their worst looks like Georgia just last week.) If they beat Kentucky, Florida, and Mizzou, they make it. If they beat two of them, they make it (IMO). If they beat one of them, they'll need to win the SEC Tournament.

I'm not saying they'll all make it, but I do believe five-- Florida, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Alabama-- would be in if the NCAA started today. May not be top seeds, but they'll be in.
    I don't know if five will make it now (I see four) and I was wrong about the specific wins in some respects, but, according to Joe Lunardi, each of the teams I mentioned as bubble teams and/or NCAA possibilities have been in and around the Last Four In/ Last Four Out.

Blind miner and all that.

A little A-10 Conference Tournament Madness.

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...?sct=hp_t2_a11

Alabama-Tennessee tomorrow is probably a play-in game. Meh.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Oh my gosh, why is Notre Dame wearing those terrible unis? Boise state's field those are gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A little A-10 Conference Tournament Madness.

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...?sct=hp_t2_a11
    I was watching the last two minutes of the Charlotte/Richmond game and I was just about to change the channel, but didn't.

Unreal ending, to say the least.

I still cannot believe the missed bunny at the end of the St. Joes. / Xavier game.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Good. They deserve to spot Marquette 7 points for those uniforms.

Vanderbilt-Arkansas trying to out-lose each other.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

None of the major conferences have had a major upset yet. This could be the day of upsets. As long as doesn't happen to Kentucky I'll be happy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Is anyone getting any extra insight from Dan Dakich explaining a play while standing on the court during time outs? He's just standing there holding a ball and a mic. Put the rest of the crew out there and have em run through shell drill if you're gonna be on the court.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Vanderbilt-Arkansas trying to out-lose each other.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
    The home/road thing with Arkansas is mind boggling. Not so much the record, but they play so much different. At home, I think they could beat most any team in college basketball this year. Away from home...forget it. (though this one was close at the end)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    The home/road thing with Arkansas is mind boggling. Not so much the record, but they play so much different. At home, I think they could beat most any team in college basketball this year. Away from home...forget it. (though this one was close at the end)
    If it weren't for Auburn, Mike Anderson would be winless away from Fayetteville in his 2 years at Arky.

part of BBN

Dickie V's lock for a number 1 seed, Duke goes down.
    I'm sure they could have lost by 30 and still got a number 1 !

So what scenario gets IU sent to the South? Is it simply losing to Wisconsin and Louisville winning the Big East? Selfishly, I wouldn't mind that happening.

Turn Off Ads?