Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Mark Gottfried ended his Twitter silence Wednesday night to reassure NC State fans that he isn't planning on going anywhere. So I think we can relax now. I mean you never know with these things, but smoke 'em if you got 'em.

I am committed to being at @ncstate for a long time Still as dedicated to rebuilding the program as I was 2 yrs ago when I arrived
    — Mark Gottfried (@Mark_Gottfried) March 27, 2013
    http://www.backingthepack.com/2013/3...oaching-rumors
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love the energy of the tournament. I love the drama (even if I don't always love the quality of basketball). But, I despise the cliches. I am so tired of the following words/phrases.
    1) Cinderella: I'm tired of the term and its use. If double digit seeds make the Regional Semifinals every year, can we really be that surprised?
    2) Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight: I'm okay with the Final Four (although I prefer Semifinals), but the other two have always bothered me. I understand why we use them (no one would quickly recognize the Regional Semifinals), but that doesn't mean I have to like them.
    3) Bubble, Big Dance, even March Madness.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    In defense of Gottfried, while he's not, IMHO, an improvement over Howland, he did reach the Elite 8 at Alabama in '04, losing to eventual champion UConn. And the majority of the N.C State players under his brief tenure were recruited by Sidney Lowe - and we all know how well Lowe coached those kids.
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Gottfried and Jeff Brantley have never been seen in the same room at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Let's go Shockers!

Again.

Miami playing like Marquette played in the sweet 16 the last two years. I suspect we'll see a big second half charge.

Warriors played like they had been there before, Miami played like they hadn't. Congratulations to Buzz and the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I love the energy of the tournament. I love the drama (even if I don't always love the quality of basketball). But, I despise the cliches. I am so tired of the following words/phrases.
    1) Cinderella: I'm tired of the term and its use. If double digit seeds make the Regional Semifinals every year, can we really be that surprised?
    2) Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight: I'm okay with the Final Four (although I prefer Semifinals), but the other two have always bothered me. I understand why we use them (no one would quickly recognize the Regional Semifinals), but that doesn't mean I have to like them.
    3) Bubble, Big Dance, even March Madness.
    Can you make room for "The Road to the Final Four" or "The Road to Whichever City is Hosting The Final Four"?

1987 lives for another year...

Will there be another batch of Sweet 16 rings issued?

Crean with the blow by which has become the norm for him when his team takes a loss.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-29-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Crean with the blow by which has become the norm for him when his team takes a loss.
    They cut the nets down afterward.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

11. Likes:

WMR (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Can you make room for "The Road to the Final Four" or "The Road to Whichever City is Hosting The Final Four"?
    What about Bracketology?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Slowly but surely the teams I dislike the most are losing. First was Gtown,then UNC and now IU. If UL and Duke would lose tonight it would complete the circle.
    I didn't stay up to watch IU's game but did Crean yell at any of Syracuse assistant coaches after the game last night? Just wondering.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

WMR (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Na they will hand a #1 seed special banner and go back to Assembly Hall and cut down the nets.

IU got hit in the mouth early and seemed shocked and really didn't know how to deal with the zone. In looking back at this IU team they probably had the most talent on the court but didn't mesh as the season went along. They had too many guys who wanted to be stars and not enough guys who were willing to play a roll. IU was pretty much the same team that started the season as ended the season, a very talented team, but a flawed one.

16. Likes:

WMR (03-29-2013)

I hear these are on sale at the IU campus bookstore this morning.

http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/w...iana-shirt.jpg
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

WMR (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Na they will hand a #1 seed special banner and go back to Assembly Hall and cut down the nets.

IU got hit in the mouth early and seemed shocked and really didn't know how to deal with the zone. In looking back at this IU team they probably had the most talent on the court but didn't mesh as the season went along. They had too many guys who wanted to be stars and not enough guys who were willing to play a roll. IU was pretty much the same team that started the season as ended the season, a very talented team, but a flawed one.
    Agreed about getting hit in the mouth early; they looked like they were lost. However, this group has seemed like they have been pretty willing to do what was asked, but they just never did really develop the resiliency needed to beat an excellent defensive team. To me, it looked like they just didn't have a plan against a well executed, workman-like, ugly, grinding, zone defense, which means either the coaching is not there or the kids can't figure out what the coaches want them to do. All year, they didn't seem to have much pluck if the other team forced them out of their comfort zone.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I would imagine that Florida Gulf Coast will attract a large national audience tonight given all the attention they have received, their story and their style of play. I'm afraid that audience is going to be disappointed, though. I think they'll come back to earth tonight.

Would love to be wrong, though!

Turn Off Ads?