Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Fun fact of the day: every player on Georgetown's roster is older than Florida Gulf Coast University, which didn't hold its first class until August 1997.

2. Likes:

WMR (03-23-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

So Junior can win games that no one cares about? And that's supposed to secure his job?

I'm happy with him at Gtown, it assures they'll never win anything significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Fun fact of the day: every player on Georgetown's roster is older than Florida Gulf Coast University, which didn't hold its first class until August 1997.
    I've gotta believe there are certain parts of Florida where that knowledge can get a fella laid right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-23-2013)

It has become quite apparent that G-Town here lately, is a team that just struggles in the tournament. I know that some might think they over-achieved, but they were a #2 seed and it wasnt that long ago they were projected as a #1. May be they are just a team that is built for the regular season grind? They need to get some lessons from Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin Badgers on how to make deep runs!!!!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    You have to wonder if he'd be gone by now if not for the 2007 final four - the one in which a star-studded, heavily favored Tar Heel team choked in the Elite 8 against a Hoya team with Roy Hibbert..and not much else.
    And Georgetown had no business making it past the Sweet 16 in 07 because Jeff Green walked.

http://youtu.be/RxNMaEkyZF8

So there!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    It has become quite apparent that G-Town here lately, is a team that just struggles in the tournament. I know that some might think they over-achieved, but they were a #2 seed and it wasnt that long ago they were projected as a #1. May be they are just a team that is built for the regular season grind? They need to get some lessons from Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin Badgers on how to make deep runs!!!!!!!!
    Like the deep run the Badgers made this season?
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    No he doesn't suck. He recruits decent players, as far as I know runs a clean program, and every year during the regular seasons puts a very tough team on the floor. But he clearly has a problem getting his team ready for the NCAA. And you can say the same thing about Mike Brey and Jamie Dixon.
    Well, sort of.

Dixon arguably has had as much, if not more, talent to work with - year-in and year-out - than J.T III.

Brey, on the other hand, among the high-profile Big East programs, arguably has continually dealt with the east amount of talent. And Brey's players actually improve year after year - recent examples: Jack Cooley and Tim Abromaitis, who would have made a huge difference to last year's team.

Recruiting - Notre Dame's basketball facilities are not as good as most assume - seems to be Brey's biggest problem. Then again, Buzz Williams seems to be doing fine at Marquette without running out multiple blue-chippers year after year.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-23-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Looks like Oregon has lived up so far to what was being said about their seeding.

UCLA has fired basketball head coach Ben Howland, reports Yahoo! Sports.

Who will be the next Bruin head coach? Shaka Smart?

Looks like the first number one seed is about to go down. Gonzaga down 5 with 45 seconds left

Well, sort of.

Dixon arguably has had as much, if not more, talent to work with - year-in and year-out - than J.T III.

Brey, on the other hand, among the high-profile Big East programs, arguably has continually dealt with the east amount of talent. And Brey's players actually improve year after year - recent examples: Jack Cooley and Tim Abromaitis, who would have made a huge difference to last year's team.

Recruiting - Notre Dame's basketball facilities are not as good as most assume - seems to be Brey's biggest problem. Then again, Buzz Williams seems to be doing fine at Marquette without running out multiple blue-chippers year after year.
    You misunderstood- I think Brey's a terrific coach, he just doesn't do very well in the tournament. Buzz on the other hand, well Ring Out Ahoya!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    You misunderstood- I think Brey's a terrific coach, he just doesn't do very well in the tournament. Buzz on the other hand, well Ring Out Ahoya!
    Oh, I know that.

I took it as while J.T III, Brey, and Dixon haven't experienced NCAA success to the extent fans are hoping for, none of them deserve to be canned, and that fans overreact. I was just pointing out that expectations - read: sweet sixteens - given the talent at Notre Dame, seem unrealistic.

Anyway, congrats on the win tonight and good luck against Miami or Illinois.

This is a fitting tribute to Jerome Whitehead, the former Marquette star center and the best backup Center in the NBA for many years, who recently passed away.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-23-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Oh, I know that.

I took it as while J.T III, Brey, and Dixon haven't experienced NCAA success to the extent fans are hoping for, none of them deserve to be canned, and that fans overreact. I was just pointing out that expectations - read: sweet sixteens - given the talent at Notre Dame, seem unrealistic.

Anyway, congrats on the win tonight and good luck against Miami or Illinois.

This is a fitting tribute to Jerome Whitehead, the former Marquette star center and the best backup Center in the NBA for many years, who recently passed away.
    Thanks buddy. Good old Jerome-Al's big aircraft carrier who made a big basket one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5u8JuNltiw

There would be a lot of Irish fans that would argue the above statement around me. They would say Brey doesn't like playing freshmen at all unless he absolutely needs them and most guys don't taste the floor until they are a junior.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?