Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Thanks buddy. Good old Jerome-Al's big aircraft carrier who made a big basket one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5u8JuNltiw
    What is sad about that is that I am old enough to remember watching it live!!!!! I aint a Marquette fan, but I truly enjoyed watching that team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In regards to JTIII, he is an awful coach. His good run in the tournaments came when Jeff Green was on his teams. Green was one of the best players in college basketball during his time. He played a point forward and had Hibbert down below. Ever since Green left Georgetown has been a disappointment. I agree with the poster who said he has his job because of his dad. Right now he isn't getting the job done.

Ben Howland I thought was one of the best coaches in college basketball. He got his team to play hard game in and game out. That was evident by their two straight final 4 runs. In recent years UcLA has fallen off and I have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    In regards to JTIII, he is an awful coach. His good run in the tournaments came when Jeff Green was on his teams. Green was one of the best players in college basketball during his time. He played a point forward and had Hibbert down below. Ever since Green left Georgetown has been a disappointment. I agree with the poster who said he has his job because of his dad. Right now he isn't getting the job done.

Ben Howland I thought was one of the best coaches in college basketball. He got his team to play hard game in and game out. That was evident by their two straight final 4 runs. In recent years UcLA has fallen off and I have no idea why.
    Howland was already on shaky ground with the program in recent yrs after few articles had surfaced basically painting the picture that he had lost control of the program and highly recruited players were walking all over him.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/s...cording-report
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Clark Kellogg is seriously terrible. Jim Nantzaclause should not allow him to get away with saying the ridiculous things that he does. He already put his son's team on the naughty list but apparently that wasn't enough.

Kellogg defended the very questionable (bad IMO) call on which Craft drew the charge and then after Zeller takes a fairly clear charge he says he wants the benefit to go to the offensive player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Wyatt for Temple is on fire. Wow.

I have heard that during the post game hand shake after a win Tom Crean doesn't say "good game" or anything like that. I've heard that after a win he actually disparages every coach or player he comes to, recounting as best he can each and every mistake they made during the game. And if he can't think of anything that coach or player did wrong he just says "suck it" and moves on.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-24-2013)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I have heard that during the post game hand shake after a win Tom Crean doesn't say "good game" or anything like that. I've heard that after a win he actually disparages every coach or player he comes to, recounting as best he can each and every mistake they made during the game. And if he can't think of anything that coach or player did wrong he just says "suck it" and moves on.

I heard he once bit the head off a live bat and spit it into an opposing coaches face instead of shaking hands.

Great shot by Oladipo to put that game out of reach. I don't know anything about Wyatt, but he made a name for himself for NBA teams looking for a scoring #2.

10. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-24-2013),Revering4Blue (03-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I don't know anything about Wyatt, but he made a name for himself for NBA teams looking for a scoring #2.
    He's a dog.

I was there today. Once the officials decided to let Oladipo camp inside Wyatt's uniform, it was a matter of time before they caught up with Temple. I was hoping it would happen after 0:00.00. Dunphy's kids fought and scrapped and clawed. A very admirable effort that was not rewarded.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He's a dog.

I was there today. Once the officials decided to let Oladipo camp inside Wyatt's uniform, it was a matter of time before they caught up with Temple. I was hoping it would happen after 0:00.00. Dunphy's kids fought and scrapped and clawed. A very admirable effort that was not rewarded.
    LOL......survive and advance.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Howland was already on shaky ground with the program in recent yrs after few articles had surfaced basically painting the picture that he had lost control of the program and highly recruited players were walking all over him.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/s...cording-report
    Bingo. Howland is the west coast Tubby Smith, albeit with a better track record. Uninspiring type of basketball with the program disintegrating from the national scene.

UCLA has to do better than Shaka Smart.They need a John Calipari type of hire.someone who runs an offense that players want to play for.That being said, I don't know if there is a quick fix hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it more than a coincidence that certain schools get what amounts to a home court advantage in the tourney and then get the advantage of ridiculous calls down the stretch in their games? Not to mention the blatant boosterism in favor of the big money schools by certain CBS announcers.

I'm not conspiratorially minded but this is getting a little hard to ignore. If I was Creighton, I'd keep my hands on my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He's a dog.

The one play that bothered me was late in the game and I think it was Oladipo. He got a rebound and started up court, spun right into Wyatt, Wyatt stole the ball but was called for a foul. That was a 4 point swing and that late in the game was probably the clinching foul call.

I don't know why it happens but it seems like every tournament the officiating gets a little worse and the flagrant 1's get analyzed more. I can't really recall many that happened during OSU's regular season but it seems like every game has one or two. As much as I don't like Teddy Valentine, he does a better job than many of the officials so far in this tournament.

Florida Gulf Coast is running away from San Diego State. Unbelievable team. The player who had the dunk against Georgetown is from Parkersburg. Definitely pulling for them with UK out of the tournament.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Florida Gulf Coast is a fun team to watch. They will take on Florida Friday night.

Lasalle advances to the sweet 16 on a shot with 2 seconds left

Turn Off Ads?