Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I just wonder how the fans will react in three years if Louisville goes through another stage of mediocrity while Cal is bringing in blue chip recruits into Lexington. Pitino has reached the pinnacle of success and isn't getting any younger. If next years team is gutted, I could see Pitino fading off into the sunset as well rather than dealing with the pressure again.
    After his first three years at UofL, they haven't gone longer than 2 years without an Elite 8 or better year. I'd say they'll take that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would say Pitino is set in Louisville as long as wants to stay there barring another scandal.
    Congrats to all of you UL fans. UL was the best team in the tournament and deserved the championship. If you had everyone back next year that was eligible to return they might make another run at it. But it sounds like quite a few are leaving early. Such is college basketball nowdays.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    As to UL, congrats to them. I was rooting against them but they won the game. The missed goaltending at the beginning, the BS 2nd foul on Burke (Hancock 3), and the clean block by Burke were egregious errors in UL's favor and really changed the game. Burke also got hit on a couple 3s that should've been and 1s. UL got away with their usual hack and grab defense. I've gotta give Pitino credit, I thought they would eventually run into a ref crew that would make them play straight up, but it never happened and he rode it all the way to a title.
    A lot of people are blaming the refs, but that seems weak to me. Louisville was called for far more fouls than Michigan. The Louisville big men were getting killed on the inside with no calls. I agree the Burke block was bad, but there were plenty going the other way. Michigan was a great team, but Louisville was better.

As a person who didn't really care which team won the game, I thought the officiating was bad but didn't give either team an advantage. I think the officiating is bad in almost every college basketball game, which is a major reason why I don't spend money going to NCAA games anymore. I used to go to dozens of games per year, but I haven't been to one in ages. It just got too frustrating to see almost every close game come down to blown calls by attention-loving officials who have no accountability.

It was nice to win my second title in the Redszone March Madness bracket contest.

At least some Cardinal fans went home happy yesterday.

7. Likes:

Chip R (04-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    As to UL, congrats to them. I was rooting against them but they won the game. The missed goaltending at the beginning, the BS 2nd foul on Burke (Hancock 3), and the clean block by Burke were egregious errors in UL's favor and really changed the game. Burke also got hit on a couple 3s that should've been and 1s. UL got away with their usual hack and grab defense. I've gotta give Pitino credit, I thought they would eventually run into a ref crew that would make them play straight up, but it never happened and he rode it all the way to a title.
    I'm shocked. Shocked to find that complaining about the refs by someone who rooted for the losing team is going on in here.

Never mind
    Last edited by joshnky; 04-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.

I'm shocked that WMR isn't thrilled about his football team getting bent over by Teddy Bridgewater three years in a row (coming soon).

WMR is so going to get ripped by me "when" KU is dealt another probation and its going to recruiting one and done's and promising them certain playing times. One over entitled kid who has been told his whole high school career he is going to be an NBA superstar and gets screwed over by Calipari. SMU had it happen to them in football and one kid maybe even Harrow will step forward one of these days.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    WMR is so going to get ripped by me "when" KU is dealt another probation and its going to recruiting one and done's and promising them certain playing times. One over entitled kid who has been told his whole high school career he is going to be an NBA superstar and gets screwed over by Calipari. SMU had it happen to them in football and one kid maybe even Harrow will step forward one of these days.
    Gonna suck for Kansas when that happens

Stat geek...and proud
    I'm no Kentucky booster, but if someone had anything on Calipari it would already be out there. People watch that program like a hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I'm no Kentucky booster, but if someone had anything on Calipari it would already be out there. People watch that program like a hawk.
    I agree. Calipari has put himself in a position where he doesn't have to cheat in recruiting to gain an advantage. I think UK in today's climate is much like Moeller was in the late 70's Cincinnati High School football, it's not so much recruiting(trying to get a high school player to choose UK) as it is harvesting(deciding which high school player you want to choose UK).

The wave won't last forever, superpowers come and superpowers go, but for right now Kentucky can pretty much pick which recruits it wants to wear the blue and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Calipari might get away scot free, but the last two programs he coached certainly didn't avoid NCAA trouble during his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Gonna suck for Kansas when that happens
    Damn you. I was gonna post that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I've gone ahead and forwarded this post to Bill Self and the Jayhawk Office of NCAA Compliance. They can't say they weren't warned!

Turn Off Ads?