Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Chapman

Re: Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    And if Dusty has water boarded Walt until he has agreed to put Aroldis in the bullpen, it would be even worse.

In other words, that's quite the stretch.
    How is it a stretch?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    In the last week, Bryan Price has publicly stated that he never said he wanted Chapman in the closers role after Hal McCoy reported he did say that.

Walt Jocketty then said that they will certainly listen to a player about their preferred role, but they don't let players preference decide their roles.
    Not sure how that Jocketty quote is relevant to the discussion at hand. And Price also said that they have to look at what is best for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    How is it a stretch?
    Is there a shred of evidence that Dusty is using the press in that fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Is there a shred of evidence that Dusty is using the press in that fashion?
    I think I want to make sure I understand you correctly.

Are you saying Dusty using the press is a stretch? (I don't know if it is or not. Which is why I prefaced my previous comment with the word 'IF')

OR

Are you saying that you think it would be a stretch for that behavior to be considered insubordination?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I think I want to make sure I understand you correctly.

Are you saying Dusty using the press is a stretch? (I don't know if it is or not. Which is why I prefaced my previous comment with the word 'IF')

OR

Are you saying that you think it would be a stretch for that behavior to be considered insubordination?
    The former. And that was kind of my point. We can come up with loads of insubordinate theories, none of which are in any way real. But I don't know what that brings to the party.

I think we know this much about the Daugherty report earlier today, someone fed it to him and he apparently thought that source was solid enough he didn't need to get confirmation on it. Not a whole lot of people who fit that description.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (03-21-2013),remdog (03-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think we know this much about the Daugherty report earlier today, someone fed it to him and he apparently thought that source was solid enough he didn't need to get confirmation on it. Not a whole lot of people who fit that description.
    That may be giving the Vulture more credit than he deserves. It assumes he is good at his job and professional. He is neither.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

10. Likes:

westofyou (03-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I know one person who wasn't the source: Marvin Lewis

Do you guys think Cast has a say in the decision?
    Just call me Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hamilton's Legs View Post
    No

If I were running the circus, Price would be the guy making the call.
    Agreed. Certainly to the extent that I'd be expecting important feedback from him re: what kind of potential Chapman has shown as a starter in this spring training (they've had a month to look at him) and last spring training.

Maybe he's shown good potential, but still has a ways to go. The fact remains he can still become a starter in the future if they want him to. And 2014 looks like the better time anyway, given the hole Arroyo's departure will leave. Brantley's comment that it's now or never makes absolutely no sense to me.

Of course he does.

He's The Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No
    Jerry Jones would. I think BCast is a more hands off owner, but with an opinion. How much weight it carries is anyone's guess.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That may be giving the Vulture more credit than he deserves. It assumes he is good at his job and professional. He is neither.
    You might be right, though I was thinking more that an editor would demand confirmation or an unimpeachable source. Technically the editor cares about the paper's reputation and doesn't want to be printing fiction.

Low as our opinion of the Enquirer's professional standards might be, even if the story came from the equipment guy it's still highly likely the editor would demand Jocketty, Baker of Price confirm the story.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Man!! All these posts and threads about speculation. I don't care which way they go with Chapman. I voted closer in the poll because he's unique. Nobody else has a 100-105mph closer. But, I can see the Reds' desire for him to be a starter. The last thing this team needs going into the season is controversy based on indecisiveness. Players want to know their defined roles. Just make a decision and go with it.

Turn Off Ads?