Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapman

Re: Chapman

I like the fact they have tried to develop him into a starter this spring. But if he's voicing a preference to close, I think that's the place for him. Point being, if his head's not in the right place to start -- and it doesn't seem to be -- best not to force him there.

2. Likes:

RadfordVA (03-17-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Surely this has been posted already and I missed it.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/
    Ruh-roh
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

So after years of Chapman saying he prefers to start, he has changed his mind. Or he is just saying what the only coach he has ever known keeps saying that he wants. I smell a conspiracy.

yet another addition of "as dusty turns"...

I hope this is where Walt and Price step in and say "Sorry, Aroldis, you are our #5 guy this season."
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So after years of Chapman saying he prefers to start, he has changed his mind. Or he is just saying what the only coach he has ever known keeps saying that he wants. I smell a conspiracy.
    That wouldn't be reasonable after his first full year as closer where he absolutely killed it?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    That wouldn't be reasonable after his first full year as closer where he absolutely killed it?
    A conspiracy isn't spelled out in concrete or it wouldn't be a conspiracy!

“I would like to be a closer, but that’s not in my hands,” Chapman said, via CBSSports.com. ”At the beginning, when I started closing, I didn’t know. Then I started getting into the late part of the game, and I liked it. The adrenaline goes up.”
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/03/16/re...ants-to-close/

From Buster Olney on twitter -
    "Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Talked to scouts who are raving about work of Mike Leake this spring, about how he's commanding four different pitches, throwing 92-93 mph."

I think Chapman should start but its starting to sound like he might end up as the closer. If they do make him the closer then this needs to be the end of the debate and he needs to spend the rest of his career in the bullpen, I hope it doesn't happen because we will be wondering forever about what could have been but its sounding more and more like hes going to be the closer.

I really think this is an awful decision if it does happen. Especially for my fantasy team!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    From Buster Olney on twitter -
    "Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Talked to scouts who are raving about work of Mike Leake this spring, about how he's commanding four different pitches, throwing 92-93 mph."

I think Chapman should start but its starting to sound like he might end up as the closer. If they do make him the closer then this needs to be the end of the debate and he needs to spend the rest of his career in the bullpen, I hope it doesn't happen because we will be wondering forever about what could have been but its sounding more and more like hes going to be the closer.
    If Cincy takes down a World Series with him in the role, I'll never wonder anything except whether or not they will repeat.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 03-16-2013 at 09:45 PM.

I wonder what Brox makes of all of this chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I wonder what Brox makes of all of this chatter.
    I wonder, too. What the heck do we do if he also says he prefers closing?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I wonder, too. What the heck do we do if he also says he prefers closing?
    Trade Chapman to Detroit for Austin Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by nate1213 View Post
    Trade Chapman to Detroit for Austin Jackson.
    Chapman for Stanton. Ludwick to NYY.

Turn Off Ads?