Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Pos and the Matheny Way

Joe Pos and the Matheny Way

Pos had a nice write up about Cards manager Mike Matheny and his time spent coaching youth baseball. It's a good read and brings up a lot of issues that I know I faced when I was coaching youth baseball:

http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51...orts-baseball/
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Pos and the Matheny Way

Daggone it, now how am I supposed to keep hating on the Cardinals when this is exactly what I am hoping to be a part of in my community for a youth baseball league.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Daggone it, now how am I supposed to keep hating on the Cardinals when this is exactly what I am hoping to be a part of in my community for a youth baseball league.
    lol just seperate Matheny the Cards manager from Matheny the youth coach.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    lol just seperate Matheny the Cards manager from Matheny the youth coach.
    I read an article recently about him related to concussions. I like him, a good ambassador for returning balance to our culture between athletics and family. I'll just have to direct my rivalry barbs at old standbys like Molina, Carpenter.....
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Matheny has also embraced advanced stats and was one of the reasons why Mo hired him. Just like Joe Madden, he's open minded to statistical analysis on shifts, the importance of a high OBP at the top of the lineup, etc. and uses it in real world, on field scenarios.

Turn Off Ads?