Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Junior Griffey's dedication as a Red

Re: Junior Griffey's dedication as a Red

look up the book: Pizza Hut presents Griffey on Hitting. That will give you an idea of his work effort or lack there of in regards to conditioning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The google ads on this page:

The Muscle Book workout and the Biggest Loser Run/Walk

Oh lest there be any confusion, when I pointed out he weighed more at 40 in Seattle than at 20, this was not meant as a criticism. This is life. The Cincy photos show he was hardly out of shape his last year here.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Harold Reynolds played with a 19-23 year old Ken Griffey Jr. I could not give an ounce of care for his thoughts on what he put in work wise.
    Yeah, he only played 162 games per year with him for five seasons. What the hell would he know?!

Haha. C'mon man! Obviously Reynolds has some pretty damn good insight on Griffey's work ethic (or lack thereof). They were teammates for five seasons.

For a Level Playing Field

Hope those glass houses do not get hit with any stones, fellow members.

If only Junior had worked out and been in better shape. 1,000 HRs for his career? Maybe 1,200 HRs if he roided too? We all know lifting weights and the like stops torn hamstrings and dislocated shoulders.

If only Junior had worked out and been in better shape. Cooperstown would build a wing just for him. Damn you, Junior!

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-13-2013),The Operator (03-13-2013),westofyou (03-13-2013)

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Harold Reynolds was also fired from ESPN for being the office pervert, wasn't he?

Even if not, I've always found him to be incredibly annoying and arrogant, and really not that knowledgeable.
    Supposedly he hugged a girl who worked there in an innappropriate way. All i know is that baseball tonight went down hill when harold left and was replaced by people like Orestes Estrada and the dreaded Bobby Valentine

8. Likes:

TSJ55 (03-13-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yeah, he only played 162 games per year with him for five seasons. What the hell would he know?!

Haha. C'mon man! Obviously Reynolds has some pretty damn good insight on Griffey's work ethic (or lack thereof). They were teammates for five seasons.
    And we also know that most 19-23 year olds don't have to "put in the work" to stay in shape like guys 25-40 for a plethora of different reasons too. So again, I could not care one ounce what Harold Reynolds has to say on the matter, especially when it comes to what Griffey was doing off of the field 10-16 years later.

That is like saying Homer Bailey still isn't listening to his coaches because you quoted someone from 2005 who played with him in Dayton.

10. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-13-2013),Revering4Blue (03-13-2013),The Operator (03-13-2013)

Babe Ruth does not approve of the Junior weight criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Babe Ruth does not approve of the Junior weight criticism.
    Babe Ruth did weight work in the winter of 1926.

Honus Wagner did weight work too, but he was just a drunk not a fat, lazy slob.

Of course Griffey will soon be with them for all eternity and meanwhile pass the MikeSells and crack me a Barq's... I'm posting here.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Good lord...Junior has REALLY let himself go!

14. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    If only Junior had worked out and been in better shape. 1,000 HRs for his career? Maybe 1,200 HRs if he roided too? We all know lifting weights and the like stops torn hamstrings and dislocated shoulders.If only Junior had worked out and been in better shape. Cooperstown would build a wing just for him. Damn you, Junior!
    There's quite a bit more to "working out and staying in shape" than simply lifting weights. Especially in the world of MLB.

Even though I was one of the causes of this thread moving in this direction it makes me laugh. I just wish I could've found a way to fit in Adam Dunn's strikeouts, "the trade" (kearns) and the Josh Hamilton trade. This would probably be 100 pages by now.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Or the follow-up to the best-selling book - Dianetics?
    Griffey's injuries as a Red were likely the result of an overabundance of body Thetans. If only they had the Cincinnati Ideal Org ready back then.

18. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I still don't get why people get upset when guys don't "Pete Rose" it to first base on a routine groundball. You are out 99% of the time on those plays.
    If I'm the manager and my star player has a hamstring attached to his bone with a screw, I give him strict instructions not to "Pete Rose" it to first on any groundball.

20. Likes:

The Operator (03-13-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    If I'm the manager and my star player has a hamstring attached to his bone with a screw, I give him strict instructions not to "Pete Rose" it to first on any groundball.
    I sure don't want Votto running hard on groundballs that are outs 99% of the time. At least not until we're confident that his knee is 100% healthy. Griffey was pretty much never 100% healthy, and so I didn't have much of a problem with it.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Even though I was one of the causes of this thread moving in this direction it makes me laugh. I just wish I could've found a way to fit in Adam Dunn's strikeouts, "the trade" (kearns) and the Josh Hamilton trade. This would probably be 100 pages by now.
    Oh no, you just did!

Also, it's hilarious that the trade of a bunch of marginal players has the moniker here of "The Trade" ... but the trading of a future AL MVP like Hamilton for a bad pitcher like Volquez is just "The Hamilton Trade." Maybe we should start referring to the latter as "The Worst Trade Since Frank Robinson." Ha.

Anyway, back on track. This thread is about Greinke, right? (I've got jokes.)

As for Griffey, I don't think it's unfair to have the opinion that his lack of work ethic off the field contributed to some of his injuries. We'll never know that for sure, but I can understand why a lot of people have that opinion. If the guy had stronger muscles, a good stretching routine, etc, he might have prevented some of those injuries.

Turn Off Ads?