Re: Louisville closer

Where does de la Rosa fit in?
    He's lookes almost as good as Hoover?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ga_Red View Post
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but I've liked what I've seen from de la Rosa this spring.

Hoover should (and most likely will) be called up in the second half of the season, if not earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am not even sure that Hayes will be in Louisville. While he could be, the guy walked a whole lot of guys in Pensacola last season. If my objective were to win games, I wouldn't have Hayes closing until he can show he won't walk a guy more than every other inning.
    The trade-off between putting the best team on the field and developing younger players with higher major league potential is always an issue. My guess is that the Reds will go with the better prospect until he proves he cannot get it done.

The walks are an issue. His major league spring stats are not encouraging. I don't know what he has done in minor league games. At 25, having skipped a level and shown good stats at AA, my guess is that the Reds will move him to AAA anyway. He seems to be on a fast track. That's only a guess. We shall see.

I heard a report that Aroldis Chapman is going to be the Louisville closer this year...
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ga_Red View Post
    Not nearly as good as Hoover. They aren't in the same stratosphere. De La Rosa is a solid at best relief prospect.

I can't wait until Chris makes us all eat crow as a closer in the majors and we all end up talking about Manno WAR

8. Likes:

camisadelgolf (03-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?