Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About done with Cincinnati weather

Retired

About done with Cincinnati weather

Today, it's 60 degrees, and now the National Weahter Service has issued a winter weather advisory for tomorrow. 2-3 inches of snow. What in the heck? No wonder everyone is sick, constant 25-30 degree temperature changes. This stuff is getting really old.

I think it's time to move to the south.

2. Likes:

dabvu2498 (03-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: About done with Cincinnati weather

Chicago is no picnic either. While moving south might make for a better winter, I'm not so sure I could handle the extreme hot / humid summers.

There's a house for rent just down the street.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    There's a house for rent just down the street.....
    We were just in Florida last week and the number of houses for rent or sale was crazy. It was like entire neighborhoods were on the market.

Probably a good buying opportunity now, but we wouldn't feel comfortable hiring someone to watch over the property during the 40+ weeks each year we would be here in Illinois.

Where in Florida were you? We bought (or I should say financed/bought) 2 houses out in Arizona when the prices were very depressed. We are renting them out. Living there at some point is an option but it probably does need to be full time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Where in Florida were you? We bought (or I should say financed/bought) 2 houses out in Arizona when the prices were very depressed. We are renting them out. Living there at some point is an option but it probably does need to be full time.
    We took two of our nieces to Disney. However, we saw all the empty houses when we headed to the east coast one day - Cocoa Beach down to Vero Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    We took two of our nieces to Disney. However, we saw all the empty houses when we headed to the east coast one day - Cocoa Beach down to Vero Beach.
    It's because all of the pythons that have been set loose in the everglades have produced huge broods, and now they're headed north. Run while you can, JaxRed.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Chicago is no picnic either. While moving south might make for a better winter, I'm not so sure I could handle the extreme hot / humid summers.
    IMHO,The Southeast is a great place to live from mid-to-late October through late April, even though you may need to use AC sporadically during that period of time.

But, after enduring 19 very long excruciatingly hot / humid North Carolina Summers before moving back to Indiana, I'll never complain about cold weather again. In fact, I've built up quite a resistance to the cold.

If I'm not sweating, I'm happy.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It's because all of the pythons that have been set loose in the everglades have produced huge broods, and now they're headed north. Run while you can, JaxRed.
    I've heard a little about that. I was told that these pythons can't survive any further than Orlando, if even there, because it's gets too cold.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get - Mark Twain
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    If I'm not sweating, I'm happy.
    Amen, if the temperature never got above 60 I would be happy for life.
    Go Gators!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

And we now have mosquitoes the size of a quarter and whose bite feels like a knife stabbing you.

It is warm here- the constant warmth has its problems, too.

Sinkholes- not even the ones that swallow your whole house- are an issue. You have to spray your grass year round (money) and water it year round (money) and if you have St Augustine Grass if it freezes too hard it dies but they dont make seeds for it you have to resod (money).

For the most part I like Tampa but the heat in the summer can be debilitating. Tropical is nice but also it never lets up for five months, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Amen, if the temperature never got above 60 I would be happy for life.
    Move to Portland you'll be happy nine months of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've heard a little about that. I was told that these pythons can't survive any further than Orlando, if even there, because it's gets too cold.
    That's what they want you to believe.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

San Diego County is pretty good year round.

Turn Off Ads?