Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About done with Cincinnati weather

Re: About done with Cincinnati weather

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Actually, I am interested. We literally just started thinking about timeshares after getting back home from Florida. I thought there was a poster that worked for Marriott before, but wasn't sure who it was. I'll have to check it out sometime this weekend. I love California.
    I'm actually interested as well, everything I've heard is how timeshares are such a bad investment (if you should call it such a thing), how they're impossible to load w/o practically giving them away, that you are essentially paying for lodging on your vacation up front, rather than "paying as you go".

It can't all be as bad as people like Clark Howard make them out to be, can it? I get the sense from him, the only time to buy a time share is if you buy it 2nd hand from someone at a steep discount and its a time share to a place you'd regularly be visiting annually anyways.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I have an alligator in my backyard pond, literally 60 feet behind our house. Also get wild boars and I see a bobcat once every few months.
    I would love it....my issue with Florida is you cant go 10 miles without seeing a walmart or condo.....at least here in Ohio I can sneak away on my spring turkey hunts and fall deer hunts without seeing a big box store or people.....I can literally go a week without seeing a single person or hardly even hearing a vehicle as long as I stay at the cabin.....if I want any groceries I have to drive about 30 minutes and I love it.....wish I could live there full time....

my ideal place would be somewhere like described above but with average winter temps in the 50's and average summer temps in the 70's....I dont mind the heat and humidity but if I am choosing my oasis then heat and humidity will be extinct....when my sweat beads have sweat beads, its to hot and humid

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I would love it....my issue with Florida is you cant go 10 miles without seeing a walmart or condo.....at least here in Ohio I can sneak away on my spring turkey hunts and fall deer hunts without seeing a big box store or people.....I can literally go a week without seeing a single person or hardly even hearing a vehicle as long as I stay at the cabin.....if I want any groceries I have to drive about 30 minutes and I love it.....wish I could live there full time....

my ideal place would be somewhere like described above but with average winter temps in the 50's and average summer temps in the 70's....I dont mind the heat and humidity but if I am choosing my oasis then heat and humidity will be extinct....when my sweat beads have sweat beads, its to hot and humid

Oregon has that in quite a few places, here's one on the coast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_City,_Oregon

Bad weather is what makes us strong as a people. If I lived somewhere with only good weather, I'd get nothing done.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Bad weather is what makes us strong as a people. If I lived somewhere with only good weather, I'd get nothing done.
    Man, there's some truth to that. Sometimes I wonder what my undergrad GPA might have been if spring hadn't rolled around every year and caused me to miss so many classes. I wouldn't have made it a semester at a place like Pepperdine.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Man, there's some truth to that. Sometimes I wonder what my undergrad GPA might have been if spring hadn't rolled around every year and caused me to miss so many classes. I wouldn't have made it a semester at a place like Pepperdine.
    When I was in college I had this night class and on the break I wold walk around the hall outside and look on the bulletin boards just to kill time. On one of those bulletin boards I saw an ad for Pepperdine Law School. I always thought how could you get any studying done there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    When I was in college I had this night class and on the break I wold walk around the hall outside and look on the bulletin boards just to kill time. On one of those bulletin boards I saw an ad for Pepperdine Law School. I always thought how could you get any studying done there.
    We managed

Actually, timeshares are a bad choice as an investement (from a real estate, viewpoint) . However, if you like to travel and you want somewhere that you can go to every year that you enjoy they are a great opportunity.

For instance, if you own at Newport Coast Villas, you can usually trade your ownership to Phoenix (Scottsdale) Dessert Ridge, say if you want to go out to Arizona for Spring Tranining. Terrific Area. Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesen Studios just a few miles down the road, lots of shopping, restaurants and an amazing golf course on the site. Not to mention, the perpetual 'rageing river' which takes you all along the pool in huge flotation tubes! Great fun! Lot's of Baseball, great restaurants. Love the area!

Now with Marriott's new offerings, you don't have to buy ownership title. You simply buy the number of 'points' that you need to book the resort that you want at the time you want and also, the number of rooms, and space, you want.

Marriott used to have a program, when I was there, that you could buy for 3 days/4 nights, at Newport Coast Villas for $199.00 (including room taxes). You had to agree to take a timeshare presentation to get that rate, as well as some income and homeownership requirements. Considering that the average hotel rate in Newport Beach is $150.00/night for 350 sq. (plus10% city tax) feet as opposed to 1240 sq feet at the Villas it's a deal! The timeshare presentation is 90 minutes and they keep it on a strict schedule ( unless the touring party has a lot of questions) because they have a large number of tours coming in right behind you so they need to make room for them.

Additionally, on this package that I'm talking about, for taking the tour they give you your choice of a $!00.00 shopping & dining certificate at Fashion Island ( a beautiful outdoor Shopping mall, anchored by Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nieman-Marcus and Nordstroms plus about 200 speciality stores and roughly 35 restaurants to go along with the ocean views. Your other choice, if you want to skip the Mall Certificate is, two rounds of golf gratis. If this interets you check the Marriott website and see if the dates you want are available. www.marriott.com

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 04-06-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Turn Off Ads?