Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Draft Wish List

Bengals Draft Wish List

Worth separating from the Bengals Discussion Thread. Who are your top targets for the Bengals in next week's draft?

Pick 21
    1. Kenny Vaccaro S
    2. Tavon Austin WR
    3. Alec Ogletree LB
    4. Jarvis Jones LB
    5. Ed Lacy RB

Pick 37
    1. Any of the above named players
    2. Tyler Eifert TE
    3. Matt Elam or Jonathan Cyprien S
    4. Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson WR
    5. Manti Teo LB

Pick 53
    Best player available

I do NOT want an OL or a DL with the first two picks. Who or what do you want to see?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Bengals Draft Wish List

Why go for Austin when we already have Hawkins?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

If they don't re-sign Smith, I don't see how they ignore the OL with one of their first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Why go for Austin when we already have Hawkins?
    Tavon Austin is more like Percy Harvin while Andy Hawkins is more like a poor man's Percy Harvin. Tavon is much more explosive and would be an instant weapon for this offense, but its a moot point to debate since Tavon will likely be gone by the time the Bengals pick.

I'm hoping for DJ Fluker or Alec Ogletree in the first, Eddie Lacy or Gio Bernard with one of the second round picks, and best player available with the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I say wait until Round 4 and grab Christine Michael at RB. I think he'll end up slipping.

Round 1:
    1. Safety. Either Vaccaro, Elam, or Reid.
    2. Ogletree

Round 2:
    BPA. Other than QB the Bengals could use help in any position. I would stay away from DL but they could use a game breaker there. I wouldn't mind an offensive tackle. Whitworth was taken in the 2nd round when people really didn't think the need was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    3. Alec Ogletree LB
    The Bengals haven't had very good luck drafting linebackers from UGA (Odell Thurman, David Pollack, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The Bengals haven't had very good luck drafting linebackers from UGA (Odell Thurman, David Pollack, etc)
    I'd argue that was random chance more than anything - both were talented guys who didn't ultimately succeed for very different reasons (one freak injury, one off-the-field problems).

The other two guys we drafted from UGA (more recently) have been pretty good.

EDIT: Geathers, too.
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-22-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'd love to get a safety with one of the first 2 picks. If Vacarro falls to 21, that would be great. For RB, it is definitely a risk, but I would like to see the Bengals take Marcus Lattimore. They could get him a little later in the draft. He may not be ready for the start of the season, but obviously after what AP did last year, guys can come back from ACL injuries just fine. And Lattimore is definitely the most talented back in the draft.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I'd like Gillislee somewhere, not sure when he's supposed to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I'd love to get a safety with one of the first 2 picks. If Vacarro falls to 21, that would be great. For RB, it is definitely a risk, but I would like to see the Bengals take Marcus Lattimore. They could get him a little later in the draft. He may not be ready for the start of the season, but obviously after what AP did last year, guys can come back from ACL injuries just fine. And Lattimore is definitely the most talented back in the draft.
    I'd love to see Lattimore as well. In the 3rd or especially 4th round he'd be a great pick IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

Rob Rang has Bengals taking Watson, Ogletree, and Bernard.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'd argue that was random chance more than anything - both were talented guys who didn't ultimately succeed for very different reasons (one freak injury, one off-the-field problems).

The other two guys we drafted from UGA (more recently) have been pretty good.

EDIT: Geathers, too.
    I was mostly joking. Poor attempt at humor on my part perhaps. I think AJ Green has more than made up for any bad mojo we may have previously had with UGA picks.

I'd love to see Lattimore as well. In the 3rd or especially 4th round he'd be a great pick IMO.
    Yea that would be ideal. I feel like the Bengals don't have many glaring needs outside of safety, so they can afford a high-risk high-reward pick like this. If Lattimore can come back healthy, this will be a great pick and he will be a top RB in the NFL. If not, it's disappointing that a 3rd/4th round pick didn't pan out, but they're not passing on an area of need to do it. Plus, although BJGE is nothing amazing, he is solid, so there's no huge rush for Lattimore to get on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was mostly joking. Poor attempt at humor on my part perhaps. I think AJ Green has more than made up for any bad mojo we may have previously had with UGA picks.
    Don't forget the Defensive Lineman they got from there in the 2010 draft either
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?