Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Thread

Re: 2013 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Thread

With the 58th pick the Denver Broncos select Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia. We need some help filling the loss of Dumervil and feel Washington has high potential at rush end.

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the 59th pick in the NFL draft, the New England Patriots select Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC. We are surprised Williams has fallen this far in the draft and are more than happy to take the value pick and bolster their defense line in a big way. The patriots are excited to revamp their defense with Williams and Elam.

"The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

The Falcons take Tony G 2.0, Zach Ertz, TE from Stanford.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Ugh. I totally forgot to make my pick last night. It's been a long week. Sorry guys!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

The San Francisco 49ers are very excited to add yet another top notch player in this 2013 NFL Draft.

Travis Frederick Center Wisconsin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    This is starting to move very slowly, so if you're not already doing so, please be sure to send a PM to the person picking behind you after you make your selection. Thanks.
    Just to re-iterate this folks, I never received a PM. Everyone though really should be checking in daily when you sign up for something like this, not trying to hammer anyone here I have been guilty of it in the past myself but the point does remain.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Here is the 3rd round order.

1 63 Kansas City
    2 64 Jacksonville
    3 65 Detroit
    4 66 Oakland
    5 67 Philadelphia
    6 68 Cleveland
    7 69 Arizona
    8 70 Tennessee
    9 71 Buffalo
    10 72 New York Jets
    11 73 Tampa Bay
    12 74 San Francisco (from Carolina)
    13 75 New Orleans
    14 76 San Diego
    15 77 Miami
    16 78 St. Louis
    17 79 Pittsburgh
    18 80 Dallas
    19 81 New York Giants
    20 82 Miami (from Chicago)
    21 83 Minnesota
    22 84 Cincinnati
    23 85 Washington
    24 86 Indianapolis
    25 87 Seattle
    26 88 Green Bay
    27 89 Houston
    28 90 Denver
    29 91 New England
    30 92 Atlanta
    31 93 San Francisco
    32 94 Baltimore
    33 95 Houston (Comp)
    34 96 Kansas City (Comp)
    35 97 Tennessee (Comp)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

With the final pick of the 2nd Round, the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens select...

DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RtgFMV0Cs

We hoped, perhaps unrealistically, we might find an Elam or Cyprien here. But Swearinger is a good hitter, has good ball skills, and a S is of primary concern after the losses of Reed and Pollard.
    Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 04-12-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    With the 1st pick in the 3rd round, the Kansas City Chiefs select

David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State

Talented and versatile, David strengthens a defensive backfield that needs help.
    Witty signature.

54. Dolphins (from Colts) - BlackPete Ibold - - Chris Long, OT, Oregon

Just saw this on the recap and thought BlackPete Ibold was the name of the player. Maybe he was in the Key and Peele East-West Game.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    With the 1st pick in the 3rd round, the Kansas City Chiefs select

David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State

Talented and versatile, David strengthens a defensive backfield that needs help.
    Washington Redskins selected David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State with pick 51 in the second round.

With the 51st pick in the draft the Washington Redskins select David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../david-amerson

David Amerson, CB
    School: North Carolina State | Conference: ACC
    College Experience: Junior | Hometown: Greensboro, NC

Analysis
    STRENGTHS: Amerson has rare height and length for the position and actually played primarily at safety in high school. He has the size and ballskills for the next level, but scouts are also impressed with his competitive drive to get better, showing vast improvement between his freshman and sophomore seasons. And the coaching staff says there is no problem keeping Amerson hungry, as he is one of the top practice players each week. Could prove a fit in a press-based scheme. Highly aggressive defender who intercepted many of his passes reading the eyes of quarterbacks and jumping short routes.

WEAKNESSES: Concerns about his fluidity and straight-line speed. Typically lined up in off-man and zone coverage in college, but his lack of elite speed would make that a difficult fit in the NFL. Aggression makes him vulnerable to double-moves. Amerson was beaten soundly in several-highly anticipated matchups in 2012, which contributed to losses to Tennessee and Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Washington Redskins selected David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State with pick 51 in the second round.

With the 51st pick in the draft the Washington Redskins select David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../david-amerson

David Amerson, CB
    School: North Carolina State | Conference: ACC
    College Experience: Junior | Hometown: Greensboro, NC

Analysis
    STRENGTHS: Amerson has rare height and length for the position and actually played primarily at safety in high school. He has the size and ballskills for the next level, but scouts are also impressed with his competitive drive to get better, showing vast improvement between his freshman and sophomore seasons. And the coaching staff says there is no problem keeping Amerson hungry, as he is one of the top practice players each week. Could prove a fit in a press-based scheme. Highly aggressive defender who intercepted many of his passes reading the eyes of quarterbacks and jumping short routes.

WEAKNESSES: Concerns about his fluidity and straight-line speed. Typically lined up in off-man and zone coverage in college, but his lack of elite speed would make that a difficult fit in the NFL. Aggression makes him vulnerable to double-moves. Amerson was beaten soundly in several-highly anticipated matchups in 2012, which contributed to losses to Tennessee and Clemson.
    This fine player was taken exactly 1 pick ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    This fine player was taken exactly 1 pick ago.
    No sir, as our friend was pointing out there he picked Amerson some time ago (51st pick), that last pick needs changed.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

--Woody Hayes

Oh crap. Hold one sec
    Witty signature.

Okeedokee, with a time machine, the KC Chiefs go back to the beginning the 3rd round and select Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

1.21 Gigawatts!?!?
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?