Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
I am of the belief thst this staff will look a bit different in 2014....no Bronson, no Homer and depending on how Leake does this year we could move him if he don't start pitching like a first round draft pick......if we can get Corcino and Cingrani to pitch like the starters we want them to be then I think we will be ok with Latos and Cueto manning the top spots but we really need a good AAA year from the 2 youngsters.....not to mention Stephenson, we truly need him just as bad to grow into a stud......

My opinion is you stay far away from Lohse, you let Bronson walk unless he takes a discount for 1-2 years and you trade Homer before the deadline this year and bring up one of the youngsters to fill Baileys void....hopefully homer can land us a stud in return if homer continues to mature like he did ala 2nd half 2012....I just don't see us paying 3 starters top end money and Homer is in line to start making money.....

In NONE of those cases do I see a need for Kyle Lohse.....I see no way he truly helps this team this year or next.....we have talent that is just as good as Kyle, why pay a premium for a guy who isn't going to help you more then the guys we already have on staff....and that's assuming chapman goes back to closing.
No way do they trade Homer at the deadline this year. Maybe next..........