Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Day tix...

Re: Opening Day tix...

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    Has anyone done this in past years? Will getting there around 3-4 am get you tickets. I don't mind getting there super early but I wouldn't want to spend the night or anything like that.
    It probably varies year to year...with a strong team, and the Angels, I think you better shoot for 3 AM, but that is a TOTAL GUESS. Wish I could try with you!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Will the tickets get any cheaper on StubHub and eBay as we get closer to Opening Day? I'm 4 hours from Cincinnati, so I can't get any at the ballpark.

I've never attended OD before. I'm taking my girlfriend and another friend, but I'm on a budget and looking to save any way I can.
    Pathei mathos...

Quote Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
    Will the tickets get any cheaper on StubHub and eBay as we get closer to Opening Day? I'm 4 hours from Cincinnati, so I can't get any at the ballpark.

I've never attended OD before. I'm taking my girlfriend and another friend, but I'm on a budget and looking to save any way I can.
    4 Hours??? You're right there--I'm coming from Atlanta!!! ;>)
    I expect prices to drop...especially depending on weather.

I'm sure prices will drop somewhat, but I doubt it will be a significant reduction. I'm sure there are quite a few sellers who cannot go to the game, and will need to get rid of them. I'd bet there are many that are looking to see how much they can get and may decide to go if they don't sell for their desired price.

Good luck.

Depends on the weather, and if you are willing to wait really close. I went one year because it was misting, and paid next to nothing for two tickets. I would think if it happens to be nice though you aren't going to see a huge drop.

Thank you guys very much. I ended up getting a reasonable deal on eBay for 4 tickets in Section 537. I likely only need 3, however. If anyone is interested in a single game ticket, let me know. I'm just looking to recuperate what I paid for it.
    Pathei mathos...

Thank you guys very much. I ended up getting a reasonable deal on eBay for 4 tickets in Section 537. I likely only need 3, however. If anyone is interested in a single game ticket, let me know. I'm just looking to recuperate what I paid for it.
    What did you pay for it?

Stat geek...and proud

I paid $150/each after fees on Stubhub last year for section 134 Row S, so pretty good seats. Right now the cheapest tickets in that section are over $220. I purchased those 6 days before the game, so unless the market drops some in the next few days it's going to be tougher this year. I'm not going this year anyway. Opening Day is a once every few years "special treat" for me. I just can't justify paying that every year for a baseball game.

The real fans go to the Thursday day game anyway when there's 12,000 people there.

Every year I say I'm going to sell my Opening Day tickets to pay for the rest of my season ticket package. Every year finds my rear end in my GABP seat for the game.

Turn Off Ads?