Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Masters - 2016

The Masters - 2016

What is wrong with us?!? No Masters thread at almost 1pm on Friday is inexcusable!

I've got Sergia at 40-1 and Rose at 18-1, so I like my position so far. However, I'm obviously afraid the Spieth is going to run off and hide this afternoon, never to be seen again by his challengers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Masters - 2016

I was too busy walking around Augusta National on Wednesday to start a thread.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4. Likes:

Boston Red (04-08-2016),Chip R (04-08-2016),Kingspoint (04-09-2016),Razor Shines (04-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I was too busy walking around Augusta National on Wednesday to start a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Razor Shines (04-08-2016)

I could use some of my guys to wake up and charge towards the front of the field. I'm losing my work pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

How about the amateur 6 solid holes away from going into the weekend right in the hunt. That would be a fun story for sure. And kudos to Spieth for being generous to the rest of the field so far today.

Don't look now but 58 year old Bernhard Langer is one shot off the lead.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

My dad is a retired club pro. About ten years ago he went to the tournament as a spectator and couldn't find a good parking spot, so he parked in the PGA bigwig lot. A security guy asked him if he was allowed to park there and my dad told him that he was a retired pro and they let him stay there.

He just didn't mention he wasn't a touring pro.

Details.

Jordan goes full A A Ron Balackay with the driver on 17 and 18 and ends his round bogey, double. He maintains a one-shot lead over the sure-to-be answer to a future trivia question, Smylie Kaufman.

I hope the wind dies down for tomorrow because Augusta playing like the U.S. Open sucks the fun out of the tournament.
    Last edited by paintmered; 04-09-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

12. Likes:

Chip R (04-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Jordan goes full A A Ron Balackay with the driver on 17 and 18 and ends his round bogey, double. He maintains a one-shot lead over the sure-to-be answer to a future trivia question, Smylie Kaufman.

I hope the wind dies down for tomorrow because Augusta playing like the U.S. Open sucks the fun out of the tournament.
    I think Spieth fades. His game wasn't in top shape coming in to the tournament. He played a great round Thursday but has just been holding it together since. I was less surprised by his tee shots on 17 and 18 than I was his pitch shots. Those were 2 of the worst you'll ever see him hit. They were clearly the result of him losing a bit of confidence down the stretch.

My money is on Jason Day. Scoring conditions should be favorable today and he's playing so well that I could see him shooting 65 or 66.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You'd have to think that DJ has a run in him as well, and that playing with Jason Day, the two will feed off each other. DJ has had a quiet first three rounds, but he starts the day only three back.

Only two players are in red figures at present moment. The birdies have to show up sometime, don't they?

It's nice to see a crowd where everyone doesn't have their phone out taking pictures.

Be in the moment.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It's nice to see a crowd where everyone doesn't have their phone out taking pictures.

Be in the moment.
    Cell phone use is prohibited by patrons on the course (typically the concessions areas are okay). I've heard that the Masters will blacklist patrons for breaking rules. And as impossibly difficult as it is to get tickets, nobody is about to test their patience.

When I was at the Ryder Cup in 2008, there were signs at the entrances that essentially said, "turn it off, put it away, and don't think about using it."
    Last edited by paintmered; 04-10-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Also, four consecutive birdies by Jordan later, and the leaderboard is suddenly much less interesting. He's pretty damn good when he finds his game.

Woooah boy...

Turn Off Ads?