Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

So, the first preseason poll just came out the other day, and surprisingly (to me, at least), Dayton only received 1 vote! Davidson, 5.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

No Dyshawn Pierre makes Dayton a much less dangerous team.

If Pierre is brought back for conference play, the Flyers should be back to A-10 favorites and a top-30-ish team... but given the current situation, that's 50/50, at best. For at least 10 games, UD is without Pierre, and it's no surprise that there's no so much faith in the Flyers. He's the difference (IMO) between an NCAA bid (an at-large, even if they miss out on the auto-bid) and the NIT.

Well, CBS has them ranked 35th of 351 teams, even with the suspension of Pierre. Much less dangerous, though? I don't know about that. We have a lot more options this year, with Cooke, McElvene eligible now, and the incoming crop of freshman. Oh, and some guy named Pollard.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-28-2015)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I wouldnt worry about where they got them ranked right now. I laughed when I saw CBS had Wisconsin at #17.

dis gon b gud

8. Likes:

BillDoran (11-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (11-17-2015)

Monmouth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Monmouth!!
    They are pretty damn good. Big win for the Flyers today. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Monmouth!!
    I really wanted Notre Dame, but Monmouth should not be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    No Dyshawn Pierre makes Dayton a much less dangerous team.

If Pierre is brought back for conference play, the Flyers should be back to A-10 favorites and a top-30-ish team... but given the current situation, that's 50/50, at best. For at least 10 games, UD is without Pierre, and it's no surprise that there's no so much faith in the Flyers. He's the difference (IMO) between an NCAA bid (an at-large, even if they miss out on the auto-bid) and the NIT.
    I disagree. I think Cook is just as good as Pierre, if not better.

Pollard and Kyle Davis appear to have taken another step in the right direction and Scoochie Smith has turned into the best PG in the A-10.

I think we've got a good team on our hands, boys. Tomorrow is a big test against X, but I'm liking what I am seeing.

As Clark Kellog would say, they can't duck us now!

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-28-2015)

I bet Jim Paxson and Roosevelt Chapman have great big smiles on their faces.

Good win for the Flyers. Killed VU on the boards and played some pretty good D.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

17. Likes:

BillDoran (12-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Good win for the Flyers. Killed VU on the boards and played some pretty good D.
    I like that Vandy team a lot. I think they'll be a tough match up later in the season. Baldwin, Jones and Kornet, once he's healthy, make a solid foundation.

Toward the end of the broadcast, the announcers said UD had won 12 of their last 15 against the SEC. I realize that's largely been against conference bottom feeders, but nonetheless a pretty impressive stat.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I like that Vandy team a lot. I think they'll be a tough match up later in the season. Baldwin, Jones and Kornet, once he's healthy, make a solid foundation.

Toward the end of the broadcast, the announcers said UD had won 12 of their last 15 against the SEC. I realize that's largely been against conference bottom feeders, but nonetheless a pretty impressive stat.
    Vandy has a tremendous amount of scoring ability but they play too slow for my tastes. They're also soft on the boards. As much as I love Josh Henderson as a student-athlete, he has no place in a game like that. And he probably ended up with close to 20 minutes tonight.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Vandy has a tremendous amount of scoring ability but they play too slow for my tastes. They're also soft on the boards. As much as I love Josh Henderson as a student-athlete, he has no place in a game like that. And he probably ended up with close to 20 minutes tonight.
    Yeah, when you're a seven-footer and your primary skill is charge taking, probably in your best interest to polish up the resume. The basketball career is almost over.

Turn Off Ads?