Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Chapman to bullpen now official

Re: Chapman to bullpen now official

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I honestly don't know Doug. I'm not in any position to know. It's all pure opinion based on seeing AC throw, his on field personality and body language, what we read about his off field personality and how I interpret it. That added the fact that he said he wanted to close. 100% speculation on my part about why the Reds made the decision they did. I, (in the minority around here I know) am VERY glad they did.
    But Mike "I like this t-shirt and even though I am a major league baseball player, I think I'll shoplift it" Leake has the proper mentality to be the 5th starter?

I think the Chapman is a headcase is a weak argument. David Wells was a notorious off field... malcontent. The likes of which Chapman can't even begin to be, yet he was a pretty dominant pitcher.

The Reds screwed the pooch on this, and 30 starts of Mike Leake makes me cry on the inside.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    But Mike "I like this t-shirt and even though I am a major league baseball player, I think I'll shoplift it" Leake has the proper mentality to be the 5th starter?

I think the Chapman is a headcase is a weak argument. David Wells was a notorious off field... malcontent. The likes of which Chapman can't even begin to be, yet he was a pretty dominant pitcher.

The Reds screwed the pooch on this, and 30 starts of Mike Leake makes me cry on the inside.

You present a lot of opinion here as fact. If you know any of these 3 pitchers personally or professionally, or can send me the video from your crystal ball's vision of the future, I'll listen up.

Until then, I'll stick with my own. Which, as it seems, folks who do know AC personally and professionally as well as AC himself seem to agree with.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

4. Likes:

westofyou (03-26-2013)

Just about every young male that age has done something stupid for the thrill of it.

Yea, it was dumb, he apologized and did his punishment. I don't see why that should be used against him today when considering whether he should be in the rotation or not.

When Freel got a DUI, I can't remember a single person that claimed that made Freel incompetent to play baseball. DUI is obviously a dumber thing to do than shoplifting.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Time to practice shielding my eyes on days Mike Leake pitches.
    With dynamic pricing in place, you should be able to get tickets to see Mike "The 88MPH Extravaganza" Leake pretty cheap this season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    You present a lot of opinion here as fact. If you know any of these 3 pitchers personally or professionally, or can send me the video from your crystal ball's vision of the future, I'll listen up.

Until then, I'll stick with my own. Which, as it seems, folks who do know AC personally and professionally as well as AC himself seem to agree with.
    David Wells exploits are legendary. And often hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Just about every young male that age has done something stupid for the thrill of it.

Yea, it was dumb, he apologized and did his punishment. I don't see why that should be used against him today when considering whether he should be in the rotation or not.

When Freel got a DUI, I can't remember a single person that claimed that made Freel incompetent to play baseball. DUI is obviously a dumber thing to do than shoplifting.
    So, If Leake does something dumb as a young man... pfft. he's a kid. If Chapman does something dumb as a young man, he's a headcase. got it.

And I remember the Freel DUI. a lot of people were calling for him to be released.

David Wells exploits are legendary. And often hilarious.

So, If Leake does something dumb as a young man... pfft. he's a kid. If Chapman does something dumb as a young man, he's a headcase. got it.

And I remember the Freel DUI. a lot of people were calling for him to be released.
    Who is calling Chapman a head case?

I don't see it myself care to point me there?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...10#post2813910

was the first time i saw it. Headcase was an exaggeration on my part, but i am equating "maturity" to it like when sportswriters would say Dykstra was "intense" which was code for *******.

was the first time i saw it. Headcase was an exaggeration on my part, but i am equating "maturity" to it like when sportswriters would say Dykstra was "intense" which was code for *******.
    Dykstra is a sociopath

http://guyism.com/sports/lenny-dykst...some-dude.html

I was in no way saying that Chapman was a headcase. If you know of some secret code that I was using, you may need to let me in on it. It has been reported that Chapman has had problems staying focused on the mound in the past when he has struggled.

http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/fe...spx?ID=1885174
    Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 03-26-2013 at 04:50 PM.

1 report. also you just described every pitcher ever. And pretty much every human ever too.

1 report. also you just described every pitcher ever. And pretty much every human ever too.
    Unfortunately, I don't have all day to look up enough articles to satisfy you, and have no idea about that code that you are implying that I might have been using.

I admitted i took it that way, and gave my Dykstra example as why. I apologize for implying you meant it that way.

I admitted i took it that way, and gave my Dykstra example as why. I apologize for implying you meant it that way.
    Apology accepted.

I never called Chapman a headcase for his speeding tickets/stripper episode.

I guess I don't remember the exact percentage of people calling for Freel to be released, but I guess I recall, after the 2 week storm died, it wasn't really brought up very often.

Leake's shoplifting episode was almost 2 years ago (April 2011), and people are still bringing it up. It's particularly odd that this is relevant to how good of a pitcher he will be in 2013. Plus, as far as we know, the guy has done nothing majorly stupid since the incident.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?