Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Love or Too Much?

Re: Tough Love or Too Much?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    There is seemingly no right wing hero who won't user their notoriety to cash in in the scummiest ways possible.
    I'm not sure that's really an accurate characterization... I could be wrong, but I think/hope that he was mostly just good for a quick laugh

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I'm not sure that's really an accurate characterization... I could be wrong, but I think/hope that he was mostly just good for a quick laugh
    Initially, I think you're right, but a part of the audience stuck around after watching the video, and looking at his FB page now it's links to things like Joe the Plumber videos, etc, and he also has a bunch of political stuff up on his website.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Initially, I think you're right, but a part of the audience stuck around after watching the video, and looking at his FB page now it's links to things like Joe the Plumber videos, etc, and he also has a bunch of political stuff up on his website.
    Cash in while you can, it won't be there forever.

5. Likes:

Joseph (03-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I have no problem with him dressing down his daughter and shooting her laptop with the gun. However people who put their personal business all over the internet just amaze me and it screams out to me that they have much bigger issues than just the ones they are talking about on the net.
    This. I was raised to keep family business at home because it's no one else's business.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

If you want to raise well-balanced, intelligent, respectful, questioning, and happy children, I wouldn't do what these parents did. It certainly isn't my style.

But it isn't illegal or abusive (at least not much), so they are free to as they see fit.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I have a cat. His name is Votto.

He's way better than any kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I have a cat. His name is Votto.

He's way better than any kid.
    Cheaper too, I bet.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

In my non-expert, Ann Landers-style opinion, I would opine that dealing with the loss of a beloved relative, especially under these gruesome circumstances, would be better dealt with through professional counseling and therapy, and possibly even medication.

The child has suffered enough, and is probably also experiencing nightmares and panic attacks. Her mind, body, and spirit are not mature enough to manage the added stress.

The article also makes no mention of the mother's grief for losing her brother. Is it possible that the mother herself is the one whom is acting out for attention?

The first step in fixing a problem is finding the roots of that problem.

Turn Off Ads?