Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latos more at ease entering second year with Reds

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Latos more at ease entering second year with Reds

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Didn't Soto teach Cueto and Volquez the change-up as well? I remember reading about it when Volquez had his break out year in Cinci.

Latos is going to be a stud. I think he finishes top 5 in CY Young and takes a huge leap forward this year. Sub 3 era and 220 IP with 200K. This is the Redlegs year. Best bullpen in the NL and 2 Cy Young canidates.
    Volquez was known to have one of the best change up's in the game before he was ever a Red. Technically, Soto could have taught it to him at some point, but I doubt it. I do believe he worked with Cueto on his though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If he has a filthy change up he'll be a 20 game winner, automatic 7 inning machine all year.

I really love how adept this organization has become at developing pitchers. From adding the cutter to an established pitcher like Broxton's repertoire to something as simple as giving Chapman's fastball a little bit of deception, I've seen nothing but good work from the pitching coaches as of late. We've come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    If he has a changeup and his slider working consistently, he'll put up TOR numbers.
    make that Cy Young contending numbers.

Turn Off Ads?