Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Watched Yorman up close for two games and this guy has no clue what he is doing in RF.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Watched Yorman up close for two games and this guy has no clue what he is doing in RF.
    He has looked pretty good here the last few days. His arm continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He has looked pretty good here the last few days. His arm continues to impress.
    Its not that good. He has a Pierre like noodle arm.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Its not that good. He has a Pierre like noodle arm.
    Either you are joking or you confused him with someone else. It is way too early for me to be able to tell.

Looking at Yorman's spray hitting chart here: http://mlbfarm.com/player.php?player...98&position=RF

It really looks like he has a well distributed profile of doubles and homers to all fields. That, and he also appears to pop out the most to CF and RF. As a right handed batter that must mean he waits on pitches a lot. Is this an advantage of bat speed? What is the next step for him? Pitch recognition or contact ability?

7. Likes:

OGB (08-16-2013)

Yorman's got 50 EBHs this year, compared to 30 last year.

9. Likes:

HokieRed (08-19-2013),OGB (08-16-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-16-2013),Stingray (08-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Yorman's got 50 EBHs this year, compared to 30 last year.
    He's also got 42 walks against 458 ab, compared to 15 against 348 ab last year. So, he's jacked up his ebh rate, close to doubled his walk rate, increased his BA, all while moving up two levels compared to where he finished last year? That seems pretty good, no?

edit: Heck, he's walked two more times today!
    Last edited by RedLegsToday; 08-18-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added todays game

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    He's also got 42 walks against 458 ab, compared to 15 against 348 ab last year. So, he's jacked up his ebh rate, close to doubled his walk rate, increased his BA, all while moving up two levels compared to where he finished last year? That seems pretty good, no?

edit: Heck, he's walked two more times today!
    Now he's just showing off.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

12. Likes:

REDREAD (08-19-2013),redsmetz (08-19-2013),RiverRat13 (08-18-2013)

Been looking for a comp for Y-Rod and found a guy who at Age 20 in AA put-up a line of .257/.346/.385/.731 with 36 BB and 9 HR in 308 PAs.

Y-Rod at AA is at .271/.333/.391/.725 with 20 BB and 3 HR in 228 PAs.

That first player was one Johnnie B. (Dusty) Baker. Not sure if the offensive environments are similar, but if Y-Rod goes on to Dusty's career, that would be a big win.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

14. Likes:

mace (08-18-2013),REDREAD (08-19-2013)

If a college first rounder were posting a .273/.343/.392 slash line at AA people I would think would be quite excited. Now obviously you wish the power numbers were a bit higher, but that is a good clip if he was a college first rounder playing a premium position (CF).

No. 13 pick Hunter Renfroe got roughly a 2.7 mil signing bonus (close to Yorman's 2.5). Between Rookie Ball and Low A he is posting .297/.333/.500 numbers, easy to think Yorman would be blowing those numbers away.

As long as he has been in the organization it seems he is behind schedule, but man when you take a deeper look he could be a high level prospect before it is all said and done. Good to see him have this type of season, now hopefully the power comes as well next year either repeating AA or getting bumped up to Louisville.

In a player this young I want to see some power, the potential for power...mainly I want to see the discipline improve which has to some extent, and the contact improve which has to some extent. I'm very encouraged by his season. The power will come if the plate discipline and contact skill develops, imo. As he climbs the ladder those skills do seem to be improving.

Scout in Pensacola said he has Alex Rios syndrome. Some days he looks like he likes baseball and some days he looks like he would rather be elsewhere. SCary what he would be if he applied himself more....

I agree with Doug on his arm by the way but..... If he makes it this is exactly the kind of guy you do NOT sign to long term deal

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I agree with Doug on his arm by the way but..... If he makes it this is exactly the kind of guy you do NOT sign to long term deal
    That may be the case over the last few years. But six years from now he will be 27 that is a lot of personal development. People grow up.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

20. Likes:

camisadelgolf (08-19-2013),mth123 (08-19-2013)

Scout in Pensacola said he has Alex Rios syndrome. Some days he looks like he likes baseball and some days he looks like he would rather be elsewhere. SCary what he would be if he applied himself more....
    I hear the guy is still kind a jerk! This kid needs to growup if wants to get to the majors!

Turn Off Ads?