Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    Ah, now I see why you're confused.

No, that list is still from spring training in 2013. However, whenever a new prospect enters the organization, they just kind of put him somewhere without changing anything else (ie: Holmberg/Ervin). It's still a year old though.

... Which kind of makes the list even more laughable if you think about it...
    I'm not confused. The list that was posted in February 2013 is different than the list that is up right now. While I can't link directly to that list because they simply have the same page for it with the updated rankings, here is an article that has the Top 5. That list has Hamilton, Cingrani, Stephenson, Corcino and Travieso.

Even if guys who graduated were just removed and new players added in, Corcino would be ranked ahead of a guy like Jesse Winker, which he now isn't.

The list was updated at some point during or after June of 2013.

I found it. Mayo updated the Top 20's in the system on July 28th, 2013.

There is no excuse for Sean Buckley or Ryan Wright to be anywhere near the top 10 at that point in time.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 03-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The list was updated at some point during or after June of 2013.
    Well, there you go. I guess we were both wrong.

And yes, again, that list is really terrible. Just watch them put Buckley in the top 20 again this month.

They probably will. From what I have heard (from Doug) in the past they just recycle their list over and over.

Yorman

.641 OPS in 131 ABs. Ugh:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=550298

Oh, but he's a "5-tool player." I almost forgot that. Don't spend too much time looking at the stats, he's a 5-tool player. His upside is "sick."

Jim Bowden would love this guy more than a fresh pair of leather pants.

Re: Yorman

I knew exactly how this thread would be before I even opened it.

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-28-2014)

For a 21 year old at AA, it's not the worst stat line in the world. It's getting awfully late to be early in his career though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

When will he be Rule V eligible?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    When will he be Rule V eligible?
    Last year. He is already on the 40-man.

Let's point out that he is the 2nd youngest position player in the Southern League. Let's point out that he hit .325 before his oblique injury (83 PA) and has hit .148 since returning (58 PA).

11. Likes:

TRF (06-02-2014)

Pretty sure there is already a thread dedicated specifically to Yorman. Can this be closed?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Last year. He is already on the 40-man.

Let's point out that he is the 2nd youngest position player in the Southern League. Let's point out that he hit .325 before his oblique injury (83 PA) and has hit .148 since returning (58 PA).
    I said Rule V, but I guess I was thinking minor league FA. I guess I'm sort of cloudy on this type of situation.

From what I can tell, being on the 40-man excludes him from Rule 55, the "6 year" minor league FA rule. So that would leave him as being on a major league deal but as being optioned. And if I'm reading things correctly, unless he spends 90 days with the Reds the Reds will have four option years with him. So if this is his second year on the 40-man, that would make this his second of four option years, meaning the Reds control him through 2016. Is that correct?
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 05-26-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

My feelings on the guy are that he may be a star someday but probably not with the Reds. I know they are completely different players but I get a Edwin Encarnacion vibe from him on the way I think his career will play out. Hopefully I'm wrong.

15. Likes:

Benihana (05-26-2014),dfs (05-26-2014),Hoosier Red (05-26-2014),joshua (06-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    My feelings on the guy are that he may be a star someday but probably not with the Reds. I know they are completely different players but I get a Edwin Encarnacion vibe from him on the way I think his career will play out. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Same feeling for me, but I get a Carlos Gomez vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Same feeling for me, but I get a Carlos Gomez vibe...
    Let's just hope he can put it together for the Reds or at least be part of a great trade

Although I sympathize with the aforementioned Edwin Encarnacion feeling, I do want to point out to the OP, if Yorman sucks because he has a lifetime .690 OPS in AA, what does that make Phil Ervin who has a .584 OPS two levels lower despite being a month older?

My take is neither sucks, but both have a ways to go overcome their early season struggles. Fortunately they are both young enough that there is still plenty of time. That said if they play out the remainder of the season with little or no improvement, I'll be concerned.
    Go BLUE!!!

19. Likes:

joshua (06-03-2014),OGB (05-28-2014),Old school 1983 (05-26-2014),Tom Servo (05-27-2014)

Yorman's only value now is that he is young. Some team would take him in a package,gambling he gets going.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?