Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Interesting there is no doubt Waldrop is a better prospect than Yorman, while basically all prospect gurus disagree with that assessment.
    They're free to be wrong. We'll check this thread in a year or two and see how things turned out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    They're free to be wrong. We'll check this thread in a year or two and see how things turned out.
    Not saying they will be right, just using the phrase "no doubt" in this case is interesting.

For a big guy, Yorman sure doesn't slug much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    For a big guy, Yorman sure doesn't slug much.
    Doug addressed this, Yorman right now gets a lot of his power opposite field, the field in Pensacola has a short left field and a monster right field area.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Doug addressed this, Yorman right now gets a lot of his power opposite field, the field in Pensacola has a short left field and a monster right field area.
    Not really accurate. The dimensions are fine, it's the wind patterns off of Pensacola Bay that make LF friendly and RF a disaster.

Jason Kipnis had an oblique injury earlier this year that cost him about the same amount of time as Yorman. Yesterday when asked about the injury, he said:

"I wouldn't use the word progress, I'd use the word adjustment. As far as the oblique goes, it's going to be there all year. It's not going to go away until the offseason.

"What I can do is find a swing that works for me. I thought we may have found something coming out of Detroit. It was a step in the right direction and we're going to keep making adjustments day to day and pitch to pitch and see how it goes."

It seems likely that Yorman is still dealing with the effects of the injury and may be all season. It's certainly frustrating for everybody that wants to see a jump in numbers, but expecting a lot this year is probably unrealistic

Nah, he's just a bum. I looked at his AA slugging percentage. Go back to listening to Jim Bowden.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not really accurate. The dimensions are fine, it's the wind patterns off of Pensacola Bay that make LF friendly and RF a disaster.
    My bad must be my old age @ 43.. I knew you had something about this.

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    My bad must be my old age @ 43.. I knew you had something about this.
    Are we going to have to all chip in for post it notes so you can keep track of everything?

Yorman has a sub-.600 OPS this month. There goes the argument of "it was just a bad May because of injury."
    Go BLUE!!!

Yep, that's exactly what it means.

Uh oh, Yorman is 1-1 today and his OPS is over .600 on the month. I guess we all need to change what we think.

Right now if you had to guess on the chances of Yorman being a better than league average outfielder for at least 5 full MLB seasons what would you all say?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Right now if you had to guess on the chances of Yorman being a better than league average outfielder for at least 5 full MLB seasons what would you all say?
    60/40.

Less risk than there used to be. He's a bench outfielder today without any improvements in his game.

16. Likes:

powersackers (07-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yorman has a sub-.600 OPS this month. There goes the argument of "it was just a bad May because of injury."
    Regardless of what you think of Yorman, he's not a sub- .600 OPS hitter. You may not have been impressed by his numbers before, but he didn't suddenly become Zack Cozart. As I posted earlier, this type of injury can last the whole year.

Turn Off Ads?