Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Cal League All-Star game is tonight. Both of the Blaze representatives, El"Hajj Muhammad and Carlos Contreras, have asterisks next to their names on the team roster. The asterisk signifies that the player will not play due to injury or promotion. Muhammad has been hurt for awhile so that is no surprise. Contreras, on the other hand, started the game on Father's Day. However, he only went three innings. So he may be hurt or he may be moving on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    There's already an overload of outfielders in Bakersfield: Waldrop, Silva, Duran, Selsky. They all need PT.
    Terry is listed as an infielder on the Bakersfield roster. He only played four games in the outfield this year. He played 18 at second and Dh'd in 17 more. And, with the DH, they can get four outfielders in a game at the same time if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    There's already an overload of outfielders in Bakersfield: Waldrop, Silva, Duran, Selsky. They all need PT.
    Not one of those guys should take an inning of PT away from a real prospect like Winker or even Arias at this point.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-18-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Not one of those guys should take an inning of PT away from a real prospect like Winker or even Arias.

Even the no power Gelalich is a bigger prospect than any of the current Bakersfield OF.
    I was offering this more as a reason for the move of Yorman, though as probably his biggest defender around here, I think he deserved the move to AA on his own. The Bakersfield group was crowded with 5, now it's more reasonable. And I wouldn't rush Winker; and I don't agree that Gelalich is a better prospect than all of those guys at Bakersfield, Waldrop in particular.

I hope a light can turn on for Yorman. Everything I've seen, or heard indicates that he has grown as a person over the last couple of years.

He shows flashes on the field, maybe a promotion can help with confidence, and he steps up as he moves up a level.

7. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (06-20-2013)

Yorman has a 19 game hitting streak stretching from Bakersfield and has hit safely in all 9 of his AA games.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

9. Likes:

lollipopcurve (06-28-2013),OnBaseMachine (06-28-2013)

Waldrop has not done as well as we would like by any means, but he does have the 2nd most homers of anyone in our minor league system and 4th overall in the entire system.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Yorman has a 19 game hitting streak stretching from Bakersfield and has hit safely in all 9 of his AA games.
    Impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Waldrop has not done as well as we would like by any means, but he does have the 2nd most homers of anyone in our minor league system and 4th overall in the entire system.
    Waldrop is a 21 year old who is improving month by month at Bakersfield just as he did last year at Dayton, and he has some power. He and Yorman remain my breakout candidates of the year.

I feel like Yorman doesn't age. He's a 20 year old prospect that has hit well in his first couple weeks. He'll be 21 just before the end of the MiL season.

He's working his way back into serious conversation. There are some things that worry me about him, like plate discipline. But I'm very glad to see him doing well this season.

15. Likes:

dfs (07-05-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    I feel like Yorman doesn't age. He's a 20 year old prospect that has hit well in his first couple weeks. He'll be 21 just before the end of the MiL season.

He's working his way back into serious conversation. There are some things that worry me about him, like plate discipline. But I'm very glad to see him doing well this season.
    You know, his plate discipline was a concern I had too. But I have watched all of his AA at bats and I don't think I have seen him chase two pitches that were clearly out of the zone. It could certainly be a small sample size kind of thing, but he has laid off of a lot of pitches in his time in AA. Really impressed with his approach so far.

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You know, his plate discipline was a concern I had too. But I have watched all of his AA at bats and I don't think I have seen him chase two pitches that were clearly out of the zone. It could certainly be a small sample size kind of thing, but he has laid off of a lot of pitches in his time in AA. Really impressed with his approach so far.
    That's good to hear. I'm never really concerned with plate discipline when a guy hits .325. It will be more interesting when he struggles and see what happens.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

So is it now suddenly possible that Yorman might only be a year or two away?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    So is it now suddenly possible that Yorman might only be a year or two away?
    He only has two option years left.... so yeah, probably two years or less.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He only has two option years left.... so yeah, probably two years or less.
    Did he get a major league contract? Is that why he's using up option years?

Turn Off Ads?