Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

So lets say in 2015, Yorman makes the 25 man roster and on day one is put on the DL with a strained felange. He is transferred to. The 60 day DL, he does a minor league rehab assignment and joins the MLB team in Sept at the end of the max time allowed on rehab. Because he was on a rehab assignment, is an option saved and preserved for 2016?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yes, but you would have wasted 2 things more valuable. A year of his major league service time, and almost a whole year of his development.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Ok Doug explain this, Does he have to be on the Opening day roster and then be sent to AAA for more seasoning or does he have to stay up all year?
    He would have to remain in the Majors from that point forward in his career or be exposed to waivers first.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Yes, but you would have wasted 2 things more valuable. A year of his major league service time, and almost a whole year of his development.
    I was thinking he could get time at extended Spring then actual playing time in the minors and then Sept time as opposed to wasting his time on the MLB bench playing 3 innings a week.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I was thinking he could get time at extended Spring then actual playing time in the minors and then Sept time as opposed to wasting his time on the MLB bench playing 3 innings a week.
    The players association would never allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The players association would never allow that to happen.
    You'd also be paying him roughly 450k to do nothing.

I think you trade him asap. He has value now.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I think you trade him asap. He has value now.
    Really? I doubt you'd get much.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Really? I doubt you'd get much.
    Well part of a package now.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

A guy that is holding his own in AA at age 20 and has two more full season of eligibility in the minors.... I think at the very worst he will be good enough to justify a roster spot. He can play all outfield spots. He has plus speed. He has power in his bat. At worst he is a solid bench player unless he loses those skills.
    He is batting .250 at AA ball and you call him a solid bench player? We have a bench full of "bench players". .250, in my book, doesn't cut it. Also, hitting 1 home run in his past 100 at bats does not sound like a guy with power. Send him packing and move on.
    Last edited by armybrat45103; 07-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    He is batting .250 at AA ball and you call him a solid bench player? We have a bench full of "bench players". .250, in my book, doesn't cut it. Also, hitting 1 home run in his past 100 at bats does not sound like a guy with power. Send him packing and move on.
    Someone obviously does not believe in player development...
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

13. Likes:

HokieRed (07-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    He is the youngest every day player in the Southern League. He is playing against pitchers with an average age of 24.3 years. It is no surprise he isn't tearing the cover off of the ball right now. Phil Ervin, the Reds 1st round draft pick this season, is a month OLDER than Yorman Rodriguez is. He is currently hitting .267 in rookie ball with 2 home runs in 90 at bats. Should we send him packing and move on as well?

15. Likes:

HokieRed (07-18-2013)

He is the youngest every day player in the Southern League. He is playing against pitchers with an average age of 24.3 years. It is no surprise he isn't tearing the cover off of the ball right now. Phil Ervin, the Reds 1st round draft pick this season, is a month OLDER than Yorman Rodriguez is. He is currently hitting .267 in rookie ball with 2 home runs in 90 at bats. Should we send him packing and move on as well?
    not disagreeing with your assertion, but Ervin has 5+ years before he needs to be put on the roster. that's a pretty big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    not disagreeing with your assertion, but Ervin has 5+ years before he needs to be put on the roster. that's a pretty big difference.
    Certainly, that makes a rather big difference, but I wanted to put things into some perspective for armybratnumbers given the complaints about performance.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I can't believe there are some people who think Yorman has any legit trade value. Why would a team have any interest in an OF with an OPS of .678 at AA? Especially one with an alleged attitude problem at times.

I'll be surprised if Yorman ever makes it in MLB. Extremely surprised.

Turn Off Ads?