Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to listen to the Reds for free without Gameday Audio

How to listen to the Reds for free without Gameday Audio

Get a free 7 day trial for SiriusXM Online.

Use a free 10 min email http://10minutemail.com/ as the email address for your login.

I just tested this and it works with the SiriusXM APP for the Ipod/iIphone

Every 7 days just sign up for a new free trial with a new free email and doing this you will make it so you never have to pay for SiriusXM Online.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 03-23-2013 at 05:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How to listen to the Reds for free without Gameday Audio

Scandalous.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

You could also go here during the game and click on the links to each station until you find a station whose staff forgot to turn off the stream. Chances are good this station will forget again, so try that one first next time.

With 71 links to choose from, there's bound to be a forgetful station in there somewhere.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    You could also go here during the game and click on the links to each station until you find a station whose staff forgot to turn off the stream. Chances are good this station will forget again, so try that one first next time.

With 71 links to choose from, there's bound to be a forgetful station in there somewhere.
    I used to try that. Once in a while it worked, but usully not. Several stations don't carry every game, at least they didn't a few years ago.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I am no saint when it comes to watching free movies and tv shows, but MLB does such a good job with all their products I don't mind paying for the mlb.tv stuff and extra innings that way I am covered no matter where I am.

680 AM radio in Louisville for this guy. Old school...
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Or if you're a Sirius subscriber you can call and threaten to canal and they will usually give you a huge discount.

Or you can just shell out the $20 bucks a year. It comes out to twelve cents per game.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    I am no saint when it comes to watching free movies and tv shows, but MLB does such a good job with all their products I don't mind paying for the mlb.tv stuff and extra innings that way I am covered no matter where I am.
    I can't justify those higher end video products so long as I live where FSOhio is part of basic cable, but if we're just talking about audio, I completely concur with the notion of just forking over the $20 for the season, because MLB does an amazing job with it.

I might be conflating the At-Bat app and "Gameday Audio," but I think they provide mostly the same services at the same price point, it's just one is for your mobile devices and the other is for your PC/laptop. I found the At-Bat app to be indispensible last season. I also made the dumb mistake of declaring -- to anyone who would listen -- that it was one of the very few things I can think of that is actually worth more than what it costs.

So the jerks raised the price by $5 this year. Still worth it, though.

The stuff that's included (above and beyond the choice of home or away audio for every game) is impressive. And a trick I figured out last year can only be done via the At-Bat audio: OTA radio runs ahead of the TV broadcast by several seconds, and so you can't sync them up. But At-Bat audio runs behind TV, so you can use a DVR time shift to duplicate the lag time. And voila! No more Thom Brennaman, ever! Better still: when playing against certain opponents, you can set things up so that Vin Scully or Bob Uecker are in your living room.

A dandy (if unintended) bonus feature that makes the $20 all the more worthwhile.

A quick digression back to the original poster's scheme (is that a regression?): last season, there was something similar where you actually got free mlb.tv by doing the "sign up for something, get 7 days, sign up again with a different email, get 7 more days, lather, rinse, repeat" thing. I may not feel it's worth the hassle for free audio, but if anyone catches wind of how to do the same for mlb.tv again this year, I'd be all ears.

It didn't last all season, but I had it free well into May before they capped it. That was neat...

Rick

I just phone the newspaper offices from my land line to get the scores, if I see cable TV I'll just stand there for 5 minutes or so and wait for the scroll to come by with the score. If that doesn't work I'll try and tune in another game and hope they update the scores. If there is no game on I'll try and catch the 11 o'clock news for the score. If I miss the news I have to wait for the morning paper or try the newsroom again.

If that doesn't work I get in my time machine come to 2013 and drop that extra $5 for the AtBat app on my handheld device.

11. Likes:

JB12 (03-25-2013)

we have local guy that reinacts the games from the newswires.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

How to watch a game for free without any subscriptions. The site shows pretty much any major sporting event worldwide. I primarily use it for soccer stateside. While in Korea I have to use it often because I don't get any American TV otherwise.

www.vipboxsports.com

All streaming and most games will have multiple links to sites hosting. Some versions will show HD others standard. The big one for this is it works on mobile devices (well I can vouch for Android), I watched the IU/James Madison game a couple days ago on it.

"Last FM radio" is a must have app for your smart phone. They have access to a lot of radio stations across the US and let you listen for free. No sign up required and its a free app in the google/iphone stores.

Also just use GOOGLE! Living outside the states for 4.5 of the last 6 years, I can attest to google finding me tons of links that will work. A little due diligence and you can find anything you are looking for.
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 03-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.

The FBI is currently montoring this thread.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The FBI is currently montoring this thread.
    They want to listen to Reds games too?!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    This is how I feel. I'll pay for streaming content if it is available to stream. And MLB is great in how they do what they do, so I don't mind paying in the least.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This is how I feel. I'll pay for streaming content if it is available to stream. And MLB is great in how they do what they do, so I don't mind paying in the least.
    Same. I've paid for mlb.tv every year since about 2007. Come the weekly Saturday Fox blackout though, they fall short. I find other means.

EDIT: My previous post should say http://www.vipboxsports.me/
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 03-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?