Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derrick Robinson

Re: Derrick Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    I know he got picked off, and made an error in cf, but I am liking what I see from him, I think he might start to get some pt in left field and he brings speed to the lineup which reds don't have much of.
    plus he doesn't make that error playing left

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yes, some growing pains for Robinson but I think he's earning a spot on the team. Not a bad back up to have so far.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

I know he got picked off, and made an error in cf, but I am liking what I see from him, I think he might start to get some pt in left field and he brings speed to the lineup which reds don't have much of.
    That is a couple of major mistakes to make in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    That is a couple of major mistakes to make in one game.
    Agreed, I just have no faith in Chris.

hi-c hurt hate to see that

I think Robinson has looked really good at the plate tonight, I am not saying he is going to b an all star, but I think for the options we have for left field right now, I think he is the best option we have, he is the best defensively and he brings speed to the lineup which we have none of.

I think Robinson has looked really good at the plate tonight, I am not saying he is going to b an all star, but I think for the options we have for left field right now, I think he is the best option we have, he is the best defensively and he brings speed to the lineup which we have none of.
    Yes. And put him in center too. Pencil him into the 2 spot until he proves he can't handle it.

The only reason why I don't put him In center is because if u do that and then he struggles then u have to move choo back to center and I think that would not be good to keep moving choo around, now if u give Robinson a shot and he does good for an extended period of time then yes move him to center, and I would b all for Robinson batting in the 2 spot, can't b no worse than coz art has been, I feel really bad for zack he is struggling and apparently is not gonna b moved out of the 2 hole.

Did we really just pinch hit izturis for Robinson...wow..I might b wrong but wasn't he 1-1 with a walk...izturis really..

I went back and checked thom said he could have an oblique problem....that sucks
    Last edited by cincyredway; 05-06-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Correction

The only reason why I don't put him In center is because if u do that and then he struggles then u have to move choo back to center and I think that would not be good to keep moving choo around, now if u give Robinson a shot and he does good for an extended period of time then yes move him to center, and I would b all for Robinson batting in the 2 spot, can't b no worse than coz art has been, I feel really bad for zack he is struggling and apparently is not gonna b moved out of the 2 hole.
    Cozart is a drain on the two spot right now. I just hope the pitching can hold up until somebody can step up offensively or a move is made.

Did we really just pinch hit izturis for Robinson...wow..I might b wrong but wasn't he 1-1 with a walk...izturis really..

I went back and checked thom said he could have an oblique problem....that sucks
    I heard Robinson has some kind of muscle pull or something that is not allowing him to bat from the left side

True that is what I heard last week also.

Is Robinson still dealing with a muscle pull, I am surprised he isn't gettin more time, and I also think lutz should get more time, I think both have far more upside than Paul, I think Paul is great coming off the bench late in games and pinch hitting.

I wish they'd give Perez a look as the LH side of a platoon. He's a.750-.800 minor leaguer with a bit of pop. Needs putting on the 40 man tho which may be the deterrent. Plus he's lefty and they really need a RH bat.

Turn Off Ads?