Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Robinson

Derrick Robinson

Does anyone think Derrick Robinson has a chance, he has been pretty good this sprint (I know, means nothing). I think he will at least be the first call up for an injury. any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Derrick Robinson

His minor league stats are really unimpressive and over a very long stretch of time. I have a hard time believing that these stats over just one spring training is enough to prove that suddenly he's a completely different player.

Good insurance policy if Choo is hurt during the year. Choo has been injury prone the last few years and so far this spring that trend seems to be continuing. Although most of them have been minor injuries it seemed like he was always ailing while with Cleveland.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

He'll be AAA depth, because Xavier Paul is on the 40-man and did very well for us last year. However, he seems like a great guy to have waiting in the wings: he's a switch hitter who can switch hit, lead off if necessary, and get on base fairly reliably. He's got no power or real hit tool to speak of, but you take what you can get from a backup. I expect him to get a call up before Hamilton so as not to interrupt the latter's development.

so, i think this is becoming a real possibility with Ludwick getting hurt

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Even if they do call up Robinson, he isn't going to play. He will be used as a pinch runner and perhaps a late inning defensive replacement. Don't expect him to get at bats, because frankly, he isn't much of a hitter. That can be said for anyone they are likely to call up unless they go full boar and bring up Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Even if they do call up Robinson, he isn't going to play. He will be used as a pinch runner and perhaps a late inning defensive replacement. Don't expect him to get at bats, because frankly, he isn't much of a hitter. That can be said for anyone they are likely to call up unless they go full boar and bring up Hamilton.
    .650ish minor league OPS most seasons. Probably will lead-off twice per week. Ewww! Casper Wells gets my vote. Deal Arredondo for him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Robinson gets the call I'm sure, but unfortunately it's going to be quite the loss of slugging on this team/bench. I think the only guy that could make up for that is Lutz, but I don't think there's any way they rush him when they're all about not rushing Hamilton.

What does Derrick Robinson add that Denis Phipps doesn't? Phipps all day, every day.

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What does Derrick Robinson add that Denis Phipps doesn't? Phipps all day, every day.
    Can't say I disagree with this one bit. You've got to think that Phipps gives you more, even if you do sacrifice some speed.

Good luck to Derrick.

IŽd rather have Phipps up in the big league than Robinson...

i don't mind either Phipps or Robinson, but I think Robinson is a better defender

Radio

They said on the telecast that his family is at the game tonight. I hope he gets in

im going to try and said this withouy soumding like a jerk, but this is why baseball is so great. You never know when you're gonna get that call, unfortunately it was at Ryan's expense.

I'm not saying Robinson will play a lot but his in the show, and who could ask for more. I wish Ludwick a speedy recover, but Derrick needs to make the most of it because it could be gone in a flash.

That was my deep thought of the day.

Turn Off Ads?