Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto shushing the crowd?

Re: Votto shushing the crowd?

Within the context of a pitch, what would constitute assault? Specifically assault that you would actually like charges to be filed on? What would it take?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Within the context of a pitch, what would constitute assault? Specifically assault that you would actually like charges to be filed on? What would it take?
    I don't know. But I do know that throwing at someone on purpose is assault. And we all know that pitchers throw at players on purpose. The problem is being able to determine when they are doing it on purpose. It isn't often someone comes out like Cole Hamels and says he did it on purpose.

All I know is that the safety of a player should come well before the hurt feelings of a player and it annoys me to no end that they aren't and that so few people seem to care that it isn't.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I wonder what percentage of HBP leads to games missed due to an injury. I know the what if this or that happens is endless, but how many HBPs actually leads to missing games. Take that to the second level and how many of those injuries were from being intentionally thrown at? Seems most of the wrists/forearms type injuries the batters are stepping into the pitch as it tails into the hitter. It would be interesting to see.

It's spring training. Votto had every right to stand there and watch that blast fly out of the park, and Jarvis had every right to laugh about it and say what appeared to be "wow".

Jarvis knew he hung one, and Votto was just having some fun. When the games count, Joey would flip the bat and round the bases. He's a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    It's spring training. Votto had every right to stand there and watch that blast fly out of the park, and Jarvis had every right to laugh about it and say what appeared to be "wow".

Jarvis knew he hung one, and Votto was just having some fun. When the games count, Joey would flip the bat and round the bases. He's a professional.
    Darvish
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The day baseball becomes the tongue wagging ,look at me sport ,like the NBA and NFL is the day I stop watching MLB.

Bad behavior should be discouraged,not encouraged.
    May the Lord bless

8. Likes:

GADawg (03-24-2013),TSJ55 (03-24-2013)

Haunted by walks

At least he didn't do a somersault out of the box.

10. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-24-2013)

It would never happen. All a pitcher would have to do is say the ball slipped out of his hand. Impossible to prove intent.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    The day baseball becomes the tongue wagging ,look at me sport ,like the NBA and NFL is the day I stop watching MLB.

After the walkoff bounce celebrations why are you still watching?

Go watch the youtube video of Prince Fielder's walk off a few years ago with the Brewers. It was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    After the walkoff bounce celebrations why are you still watching?

Go watch the youtube video of Prince Fielder's walk off a few years ago with the Brewers. It was epic.
    And he should have been thrown at for a week straight over it.

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post

How dare they show that they are having fun. The humanity!

I'm watching these basketball games today and am seeing some excessive elbows flying around in the paint. Assault?

I know there is a huge difference between that and a fastball, but an elbow to the grill would be arrestable in public, that's for sure.

I don't know, for the most part we were talking about brushback pitches and next thing I know "assault" is being thrown around. Just seemed like a bit much.

16. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-24-2013),coachpipe (03-25-2013)

I'm watching these basketball games today and am seeing some excessive elbows flying around in the paint. Assault?

I know there is a huge difference between that and a fastball, but an elbow to the grill would be arrestable in public, that's for sure.

I don't know, for the most part we were talking about brushback pitches and next thing I know "assault" is being thrown around. Just seemed like a bit much.
    Are those elbows to the face on purpose? If so, then yes, they are assault.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How dare they show that they are having fun. The humanity!

"Fun" and showboating in order to draw attention to yourself while disrespecting another player are two different things.

WLF is pretty much on. Leave that garbage to the NBA and NFL. It has no place in baseball.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Darvish
    Ah, and I just watched it too

Turn Off Ads?