Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arroyo drilled in pitching wrist

Re: Arroyo drilled in pitching wrist

Can we just get the BP screen out there for the pitchers for the last week of ST?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (03-24-2013),membengal (03-25-2013),Spider Tre (03-25-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (03-25-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Maybe throw LeCure in the rotation, allowing Hoover to start the year with the team?

If Arroyo is really hurt, this is bad.
    LeCure to the rotation would be a bad idea. He can't make it through a second turn of any lineup. Two plus innings and he's fine. After that, he's toast.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    My memory is going so help me. In all his years with the Reds has Bronson ever missed a start? Even when he had the mono. Sure doesn't seem like it.
    I may be mistaken but I think Arroyo has NEVER missed a start in his entire professional career. I think his streak even goes back to Little League. I read something to that effect earlier this year.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Yikes. I think we need to bust out a protective bubble for our pitching staff during this last week of spring training.

Glad Bronson is all right.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I doubt it would happen, but it's not too late to have Chapman replace Arroyo if Arroyo is out for any period of time.
    Ahhh, but it it happened, think of the wonderful polar opposite irony of it... (Yes I know this is now a moot point, but I still wanted to mention it)

Last year an early spring training injury to the newest Red forced Chapman from the rotation to the bullpen.

This year, a late spring training injury to the most tenured Red could have forced him from the bullpen to the rotation.

The only way Bronson would miss a start would be if he had his hand amputated, and then he'd protest. After all, he has two hands.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

9. Likes:

Tommyjohn25 (03-25-2013)

I have had some favorite Reds' pitchers in my day. Jim O'Toole, Jim Maloney, Bob Purkey, Gary Nolan, Don Gullett, Jack Billingham, Mario Soto, Jose Rijo...and Bronson Arroyo is definitely in my top ten.

He may be the the only one who took the ball every day.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

You could make a convincing case that Arroyo will be the worst starter for the Reds this year. (I'd put my money on Leake)

But that gasp many of us had when we heard this shows the value of being able to pencil in 200 innings for our staff. A joy to have him on the club.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    John Fay @johnfayman
    Arroyo's x-rays were negative. "They did a flora-scope. It was clean."
    So no plant life was detected, John?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroscopy
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Can we just get the BP screen out there for the pitchers for the last week of ST?
    or start relief pitchers the rest of ST

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    This. Or bring back Jimmy Anderson and some friends of his to throw these last 7 games until the cloud of bad luck passes.

A starter could go down and Chapman's in the bullpen. Great strategy front office.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    A starter could go down and Chapman's in the bullpen. Great strategy front office.
    Not that I am a fan of the Chapman move, but that is why you have guys in AAA.

17. Likes:

M2 (03-25-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

His hand today.

Turn Off Ads?