Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: So who all camped out?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    So who all camped out?

    Get em? Get shut out? Lets hear some tales...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: So who all camped out?

    My bother and I went with a friend and got standing room only, barely. It got a little cold but it wasn't too bad.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    My bother and I went with a friend and got standing room only, barely. It got a little cold but it wasn't too bad.
    How many people froze out there all for nothing??

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: So who all camped out?

    A bunch. We were literally the last people to get tickets. I actually felt bad for the guy directly behind us. We got there about 1:45ish he got there about 45 minutes later so probably around 2:30 everyone else started really pouring in around 4am.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    A bunch. We were literally the last people to get tickets. I actually felt bad for the guy directly behind us. We got there about 1:45ish he got there about 45 minutes later so probably around 2:30 everyone else started really pouring in around 4am.
    See, once they see how many are out there, why not have somebody do a count or something so they can tell people "don't bother, we wont get to you."

  7. #6
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,940

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    See, once they see how many are out there, why not have somebody do a count or something so they can tell people "don't bother, we wont get to you."
    Because sometimes people buy more/less tickets than planned, sometimes a person or three may have to leave their spot for some reason.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because sometimes people buy more/less tickets than planned, sometimes a person or three may have to leave their spot for some reason.
    Oh I get that...so you tell a certain amount "look, youll be close depending on how many people buy and/or how many people give up and leave...". But at some level you should be able to say "wait if you want, but its very unlikely."

    Also curious how many people bought em...then turned right around to try and scalp em.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: So who all camped out?

    It was hard to do a count anyway until around 8...Too many tents. I did a count of tents when we got there and then hoped they averaged around 4 people per tent, and came out pretty close....There wasn't many people that bought less than four. What the people towards the end were thinking though I have no idea. If you got there after 5:30 or so it was really obvious you weren't making it.

  10. #9
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,940

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Oh I get that...so you tell a certain amount "look, youll be close depending on how many people buy and/or how many people give up and leave...". But at some level you should be able to say "wait if you want, but its very unlikely."

    Also curious how many people bought em...then turned right around to try and scalp em.
    I don't know what the limit is, but I can promise you that if I had the chance to buy them for face value, I would have bought as many as possible and re-sold the ones I wasn't going to use. I imagine most people do exactly that, and if they don't, I have to ask why not?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't know what the limit is, but I can promise you that if I had the chance to buy them for face value, I would have bought as many as possible and re-sold the ones I wasn't going to use. I imagine most people do exactly that, and if they don't, I have to ask why not?
    The limit was four tickets. I didn't have much desire to have SRO but I bought all four sold them for 65 bucks a piece within the hour and will look for two seats with that money now. Or keep that money and go to a couple of games on it later on....

  12. #11
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,255

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    The limit was four tickets. I didn't have much desire to have SRO but I bought all four sold them for 65 bucks a piece within the hour and will look for two seats with that money now. Or keep that money and go to a couple of games on it later on....
    Sigh...
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    173

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Sigh...
    ??

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Central Ohio
    Posts
    224

    Re: So who all camped out?

    i was thinking of getting there at 4 am - glad I didn't do it.
    Pete Rose will be leaving the Montreal Expos to become player - manager for the Cincinnati Reds

  15. #14
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,255

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    ??
    You wanted opening day tickets so badly that you stood outside in below freezing temps for 8+ hours? Then you immediately scalped them?

    Almost as cool as the guy who goes to the bobblehead game, walks in gets the bobblehead, and walks back out.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  16. #15
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,645

    Re: So who all camped out?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    You wanted opening day tickets so badly that you stood outside in below freezing temps for 8+ hours? Then you immediately scalped them?
    What's so uncool about it? The people who bought the tickets off him may not have been able to camp out for them, so for a few extra bucks he provided those people a service. In the end, a Reds fan gets to attend opening day and the person who sold him the tickets has a few extra bucks to get a seat instead of having to stand. Everybody wins.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25