Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who all camped out?

So who all camped out?

Get em? Get shut out? Lets hear some tales...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So who all camped out?

My bother and I went with a friend and got standing room only, barely. It got a little cold but it wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    My bother and I went with a friend and got standing room only, barely. It got a little cold but it wasn't too bad.
    How many people froze out there all for nothing??

A bunch. We were literally the last people to get tickets. I actually felt bad for the guy directly behind us. We got there about 1:45ish he got there about 45 minutes later so probably around 2:30 everyone else started really pouring in around 4am.

A bunch. We were literally the last people to get tickets. I actually felt bad for the guy directly behind us. We got there about 1:45ish he got there about 45 minutes later so probably around 2:30 everyone else started really pouring in around 4am.
    See, once they see how many are out there, why not have somebody do a count or something so they can tell people "don't bother, we wont get to you."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    See, once they see how many are out there, why not have somebody do a count or something so they can tell people "don't bother, we wont get to you."
    Because sometimes people buy more/less tickets than planned, sometimes a person or three may have to leave their spot for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because sometimes people buy more/less tickets than planned, sometimes a person or three may have to leave their spot for some reason.
    Oh I get that...so you tell a certain amount "look, youll be close depending on how many people buy and/or how many people give up and leave...". But at some level you should be able to say "wait if you want, but its very unlikely."

Also curious how many people bought em...then turned right around to try and scalp em.

It was hard to do a count anyway until around 8...Too many tents. I did a count of tents when we got there and then hoped they averaged around 4 people per tent, and came out pretty close....There wasn't many people that bought less than four. What the people towards the end were thinking though I have no idea. If you got there after 5:30 or so it was really obvious you weren't making it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Oh I get that...so you tell a certain amount "look, youll be close depending on how many people buy and/or how many people give up and leave...". But at some level you should be able to say "wait if you want, but its very unlikely."

Also curious how many people bought em...then turned right around to try and scalp em.
    I don't know what the limit is, but I can promise you that if I had the chance to buy them for face value, I would have bought as many as possible and re-sold the ones I wasn't going to use. I imagine most people do exactly that, and if they don't, I have to ask why not?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't know what the limit is, but I can promise you that if I had the chance to buy them for face value, I would have bought as many as possible and re-sold the ones I wasn't going to use. I imagine most people do exactly that, and if they don't, I have to ask why not?
    The limit was four tickets. I didn't have much desire to have SRO but I bought all four sold them for 65 bucks a piece within the hour and will look for two seats with that money now. Or keep that money and go to a couple of games on it later on....

The limit was four tickets. I didn't have much desire to have SRO but I bought all four sold them for 65 bucks a piece within the hour and will look for two seats with that money now. Or keep that money and go to a couple of games on it later on....
    Sigh...
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Sigh...
    ??

i was thinking of getting there at 4 am - glad I didn't do it.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

??
    You wanted opening day tickets so badly that you stood outside in below freezing temps for 8+ hours? Then you immediately scalped them?

Almost as cool as the guy who goes to the bobblehead game, walks in gets the bobblehead, and walks back out.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    You wanted opening day tickets so badly that you stood outside in below freezing temps for 8+ hours? Then you immediately scalped them?
    What's so uncool about it? The people who bought the tickets off him may not have been able to camp out for them, so for a few extra bucks he provided those people a service. In the end, a Reds fan gets to attend opening day and the person who sold him the tickets has a few extra bucks to get a seat instead of having to stand. Everybody wins.

Turn Off Ads?