Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: (Official) Strong Opinions Thread

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: (Official) Strong Opinions Thread

Mat Latos will struggle in April and have much of RZ calling him a flash in the pan and a bum. He will then pitch like a Cy Young contender for the rest of the year and win 17-19 games (and get zero Cy Young consideration because of his bad April).
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Likes:

jimbo (03-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning is fun.

Barring injury to other starters, Mike Leake will not finish the season in the rotation.

1. Mat Latos wins the NL Cy Young

2. Reds sign Shin-Soo Choo to an extention
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Prince Fielder tries to create a convoluted argument that bacon is a vegetarian meal.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

7. Likes:

bigredmechanism (03-27-2013), jimbo (03-27-2013), RedEye (03-28-2013), reds44 (03-29-2013)

I read it as opinion and not prediction. My strong opinion is I don't think I like Homer Bailey at all. I have absolutely no reason to I suppose. I don't hold him being projected as an ace against him like some. I don't think it even has anything to do with his on field performance. Something about his look and interviews rub me the wrong way. I think he is the only current Red I do not genuinely like. Realizing we don't really know any of these guys. I still root for him to do well but would not be upset at all if he was traded tomorrow. No basis but that is my strong opinion haha

9. Likes:

jhu1321 (03-27-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

The Reds will top 100 wins this season
    The Reds will win the WS
    The Reds will clinch their division first
    The Reds will have the best record in baseball
    The Reds will have their first Cy Young award winner
    The Reds will have the league MVP

The last 2 both have multiple options IMO. Cueto, Latos & Bailey. Bruce & Votto.

Dead serious on all of these.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

11. Likes:

George Anderson (03-27-2013), RedEye (03-28-2013)

-The Reds will be hit hard by the injury bug this season, and will see at least 3 key players miss significant time this year. The club will sell on one of their bullpen arms and a prospect early in the year to fill an injury-related need.

-Despite midseason struggles, we still manage to win the division by a relatively comfortable margin.

-Divisionally, the Cardinals will have a mediocre season. Adam Wainwright will return to ace form, but everyone else will regress to the mean. They do not make the wild card. The Brewers will get a poor return on their investment in Lohse, but with some scappy performances from their rookies are able to compete with the Cards for second. The Cubs will have rotation woes, but eventually find a solid core and finish strong. The Pirates do not have their usual fast start and trade an underperforming McCutchen for scraps, finishing last behind the Cubs.

The National League forgets the Albert Pujols era as the Joey Votto era has come to fruition. Votto posts big head Bonds numbers this year, approaching 40 HR's ans a .330 .450 .550 slash line and his second MVP. And GG. And wins the Silver Slugger. And delivers a baby. The baby of the man Todd Frazier saved last year.
    Suck it up cupcake.

14. Likes:

RedEye (03-28-2013)

Opinion: Chapman is better as a closer than he would be as a starter. Prediction: he wins the Cy Young as a closer this year.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Strong Opinion.

Chapman as a starter never had a chance because of Dusty Baker, and no other reason.
    Suck it up cupcake.

17. Likes:

RedEye (03-28-2013), remdog (04-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The National League forgets the Albert Pujols era as the Joey Votto era has come to fruition. Votto posts big head Bonds numbers this year, approaching 40 HR's ans a .330 .450 .550 slash line and his second MVP. And GG. And wins the Silver Slugger. And delivers a baby. The baby of the man Todd Frazier saved last year.

If Joey approaches 40 HR, his SLG will be way higher than .550.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If Joey approaches 40 HR, his SLG will be way higher than .550.
    Mister fancy coffee won't leg out doubles anymore.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Barring injury and meltdown, Manny Parra has absolutely no business making the Reds bullpen to open the 2013 season. He absolutely does NOT make the bullpen better.

21. Likes:

remdog (04-01-2013)

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Neither Yankees nor Red Sox make the playoffs.

Braves lead the NL in runs scored as Justin Upton wins the MVP.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

23. Likes:

remdog (04-01-2013)

Strong Opinion

RedsManRick becomes fixture at BravesZone after hundreds of Votto fans riot.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Turn Off Ads?