Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: (Official) Strong Opinions Thread

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: (Official) Strong Opinions Thread

At some point during the season, Dusty Baker will experience MSO (Maximum Sweatband Overload) and the Jaws of Life will be brought into play to extricate him.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Joey Votto should be the face of MLB, but the powers that be fear Canadian influence.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

If a ball doesn't go over a wall, it's not a home run. I hate lines painted on walls and a ball bouncing off a wall counting as a homer.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

The Cardinals will win 130 games!
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The Cardinals will win 130 games!
    ...over the next 2 seasons!
    Award Winning Baseball Player

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-29-2013), Brisco (03-30-2013), Caveat Emperor (03-30-2013), gilpdawg (03-30-2013), kbrake (03-29-2013), RadfordVA (03-29-2013), Raisor (03-29-2013), reds44 (03-30-2013), remdog (04-01-2013), TeamSelig (03-29-2013), thatcoolguy_22 (03-30-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    ...over the next 2 seasons!
    Including Spring Training. And exhibitions against their own minor leaguers.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

I am of the strong opinion that some posters are confusing opinions with predictions!

And also that the Cubs should be forced to wear patches that say 1908 on their uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    I read it as opinion and not prediction. My strong opinion is I don't think I like Homer Bailey at all. I have absolutely no reason to I suppose. I don't hold him being projected as an ace against him like some. I don't think it even has anything to do with his on field performance. Something about his look and interviews rub me the wrong way. I think he is the only current Red I do not genuinely like. Realizing we don't really know any of these guys. I still root for him to do well but would not be upset at all if he was traded tomorrow. No basis but that is my strong opinion haha
    Now THAT is a strong opinion!
    Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Strong Opinion: Mr Redlegs and Fred Bird will get into a massive battle royal and Fred Bird holds Rosie Red hostage as a diversion tactic to get the upper hand of said Mr. Redlegs. The Rally Squirrel eats the Rally Onion as a snack.

Bernie Brewer continues to make "questionable movies" on his off days.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

I'd rather have Buster Posey and his contract than Joey Votto and his.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Strong Opinion: Mr Redlegs and Fred Bird will get into a massive battle royal and Fred Bird holds Rosie Red hostage as a diversion tactic to get the upper hand of said Mr. Redlegs. The Rally Squirrel eats the Rally Onion as a snack.

Bernie Brewer continues to make "questionable movies" on his off days.
    Don't be ridiculous, squirrels don't eat onions.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

The Reds may very well win the division, but they'll fail to get out of the NLDS round again, this time losing to the Dodgers out west in four games.

Chapman being in the rotation was the only hope at a different result than last season.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

We're all dead before the All Star Break because of North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

In my opinion, chickens should roam freely in the outfield during games.The losing picher and any other players with errors or 3+ strikeouts should be required to herd them back into the coop after the game is over.

17. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-01-2013)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    We're all dead before the All Star Break because of North Korea.
    Since I am currently living in South Korea, I hope Kim Jong Un decides to sign a peace treaty and opens the borders. Also that ballparks in the states start serving North Korean beer (delicious).

Strong Opinion: Arroyo could be baseball's version of Ludacris. In Fast and the Furious 7, he will be playing Paul Walker.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Turn Off Ads?