Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesoraco makes team, Olivo down or gone

Re: Mesoraco makes team, Olivo down or gone

Mes will start tonight.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Back-to-back starts for Mes!

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Mes catching Arroyo today. Hanigan day to day with sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Mes catching Arroyo today. Hanigan day to day with sore thumb.
    Disappointing On Two Fronts...Don't want Hanigan Hurt, Also Hoping It Was Managers Decision To start Mes. Also, My Phone Now Wants To Capitalize AllFirst Letters! Thanks Droid Update.

Regardless of who you think should be catching who or should be playing more, it sure is refreshing to have two catchers of the quality of Hanny and Mes in the case one gets injured. It will be interesting to see how Arroyo and Mes work together.
    Last edited by jimbo; 04-20-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Regardless of who you think should be catching who or should be playing more, it sure is refreshing to have two catchers of the quality of Hanny and Mes in the case one gets injured. It will be interesting to see how Arroyo and Mes work together.
    They seemed to work just fine in his final spring training start.

i wouldn't call Hanigan quality right now

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i wouldn't call Hanigan quality right now
    I most definitely would. I guess we have differing definitions of quality when it comes to major league catchers.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I agree. But then again, we've been somewhat spoiled of late. Hanigan and Hernandez was a VERY good combo as well.

And to Maker....do some research...how many MLB catchers out there are great defensive players AND above average hitters? Nearly ALL catchers in the majors are either below average at both or excel in one and well below average in the other. Hanigan has a fairly long history of being a solid hitter. Very limited power, but far from an easy out. I don't see that skill simply disappearing. But even if it does...his defense alone makes him a quality catcher as he's quite possibly the best defender in the league (certainly top 5).

Hopefully this start will go a long way toward dispelling the notion that Hannigan is worth several runs behind the plate over Mesoraco.
    Last edited by OGB; 04-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

And for those who care about silly stats like this (coming into today):

Arroyo with Mesoraco catching him: 17ip, 2.12 ERA, 1 walk, 8 strikeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree. But then again, we've been somewhat spoiled of late. Hanigan and Hernandez was a VERY good combo as well.

And to Maker....do some research...how many MLB catchers out there are great defensive players AND above average hitters? Nearly ALL catchers in the majors are either below average at both or excel in one and well below average in the other. Hanigan has a fairly long history of being a solid hitter. Very limited power, but far from an easy out. I don't see that skill simply disappearing. But even if it does...his defense alone makes him a quality catcher as he's quite possibly the best defender in the league (certainly top 5).
    i dont care about past stats i just care about what the player is doing for you right now and he is a black hole in the lineup with still good defense but Mesoraco is just as good defensively with a stronger arm

Arroyo with 8 strong innings today with Mes behind the plate. Mes with a couple hits. The door is cracked open for Mes.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Arroyo with 8 strong innings today with Mes behind the plate. Mes with a couple hits. The door is cracked open for Mes.
    I like his approach this season... looks good so far but of course itīs early and a small sample size => time for a little more playing time

Mesoraco is quickly forcing his way into major playing time of late. I think Dusty will play him much more forthcoming since he his earning his PT finally.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Turn Off Ads?