Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who are the Reds' #'s 38, 39 and 40th prospects for 2013? - Runoff.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeremy Kivel

20 66.67%
  • Devin Lohman

18 60.00%
  • Juan Perez

15 50.00%
  • Denis Phipps

8 26.67%
  • Zach Vincej

14 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who are Redzone's #'s 38, 39 and 40 prospects?

Who are Redzone's #'s 38, 39 and 40 prospects?

I decided we are going to have a run-off of sorts among five players. Those receiving 3 or 4 votes in the last poll.

You will be able to vote for three players in this poll. It will take us right up to Opening Day. The top three vote getters will be ranked 38th, 39th and 40th respectively.

Remember you can vote for for three players.

Thanks.

2. Likes:

Kc61 (03-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who are Redzone's #'s 38, 39 and 40 prospects?

Kivel, Lohman and Perez. Not in that order.

I don't see a problem with continuing this for two weeks or so into the season to get to fifty. I regularly check the minor league forum year round and voting/commenting here takes a minute or two, tops.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I don't see a problem with continuing this for two weeks or so into the season to get to fifty. I regularly check the minor league forum year round and voting/commenting here takes a minute or two, tops.
    Agreed, but the options for the last 15 rounds or so have been pretty underwhelming IMO. In past years, these spots in the 30s seemed a little more promisiong than what we're voting for now. Maybe I was just more of a homer in prior seasons and the depth is the same, but I just feel like these guys are all pretty long shots. I really felt like guys I was voting for in these spots in prior polls had a shot to contribute. As we approach 50, we may end up having to vote for some guy on the street or some ones grandmother as the best choice.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I agree, we could continue it and still have solid prospects available to choose from. After 40 selections, this is who would still be left:

Brodie Greene
    Mason Felt
    Denis Phipps
    Juan Perez
    Chris Manno
    Josh Ravin
    Justin Freeman
    Theo Bowe
    Travis Mattair
    Radhames Quezada
    Curtis Partch
    Josh Smith
    Pedro Villarreal
    Sean Lucas
    Joe Hudson
    Beau Amaral
    Daniel Pigott
    El'Hajj Muhammad
    Nick Christiani
    Mark Serrano

We would have 60 prospects on this list that could make it to the big leagues at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    I agree, we could continue it and still have solid prospects available to choose from. After 40 selections, this is who would still be left:

Brodie Greene
    Mason Felt
    Denis Phipps
    Juan Perez
    Chris Manno
    Josh Ravin
    Justin Freeman
    Theo Bowe
    Travis Mattair
    Radhames Quezada
    Curtis Partch
    Josh Smith
    Pedro Villarreal
    Sean Lucas
    Joe Hudson
    Beau Amaral
    Daniel Pigott
    El'Hajj Muhammad
    Nick Christiani
    Mark Serrano

We would have 60 prospects on this list that could make it to the big leagues at some point.
    Thas not even counting Arias and Duran who were considered extremely high ceiling guys at this time two years ago and who are both still only 21.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

For these distant rounds, I like the model that this poll represents. I'd suggest going to 50 in a fast, efficient manner with the multiple-vote system introduced here. Elect maybe five at a time. Everybody gets five votes and the top five are 41-45. Then do it again for 46-50.

If people like, they can post the order in which they prefer the five they voted for, and those posts can be consulted as tiebreakers. In fact, I'd recommend that people do list the order of their choices, for that purpose.

It's just a suggestion. And the suggestion is trumped by anything that texasdave wants to do. He's the one who kept these polls together. Thanks, td. You da man.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post

Brodie Greene
    Mason Felt
    Denis Phipps
    Juan Perez
    Chris Manno
    Josh Ravin
    Justin Freeman
    Theo Bowe
    Travis Mattair
    Radhames Quezada
    Curtis Partch
    Josh Smith
    Pedro Villarreal
    Sean Lucas
    Joe Hudson
    Beau Amaral
    Daniel Pigott
    El'Hajj Muhammad
    Nick Christiani
    Mark Serrano

What's interesting is that that list includes three players currently on the Reds 40 man roster, and a few others who have been in big league camp this spring. I wonder why certain players are higher on the clubs list than Redszone's list.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Its def interesting, guys like Villarreal and Phipps have played for the Reds already, although not much. B Greene had an excellent 2011, but a down year in 2012. Ravin and Partch are on the 40 man, but aren't in the Top 40 here. Josh Smith should be higher, his numbers are pretty good. Freeman and Manno will be in AAA at some point this year, so a jump in rankings will be coming.

Onward to 50. Starting tomorrow. Too much to do today. Yay!

If anyone wants a player added speak now please.

As far as nominations . . . I guess my top 10 would be something like

Zach Vincej
    Chris Manno
    Curtis Partch
    James Allen
    Avain Rachal
    Sean Lucas
    Mo Wiley
    Josh Smith
    Carlos Sanchez
    David (Alejandro) Chacin

Others who seem like reasonable candidates would include Mattair, Phipps, Pigott, Felix Perez, Tanner Robles, Michael Dennhardt, maybe Michael Salter. Is Beau Mills still in the organization?

Turn Off Ads?