Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2013 Dayton Dragons roster

2013 Dayton Dragons roster

Roster by position:

Our 2013 starting pitching rotation: Robert Stephenson, Ismael Guillon, Drew Cisco, Sal Romano, Wandy Peralta.

Bullpen: Mo Wiley, Sean Lucas, Wes Mugarian, Jesus Adames, Joel Bender, David Chacin, Jose Amezcua.

Our catchers are Joe Hudson, Nick O'Shea, and Wagner Gomez.

Infield: Carlos Sanchez at 1B; Brent Peterson at 2B; Zach Vincej at SS; Seth Mejias-Brean at 3B. Also Robert Ramirez and Humberto Valor.

The outfield: Jesse Winker, Beau Amaral, Jeff Gelalich, and Junior Arias. That's 25 players. Looks like an outstanding club.

https://twitter.com/DragonsBaseball

Where is Dan Langfield?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 Dayton Dragons roster

As I understand it, Langfield is staying in Arizona for a couple of weeks. Not sure what the injury is but it is not serious. Wandy Peralta got the spot. He is a surprise. Word out of Arizona was that Peralta was exceptional this spring.

4. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (03-30-2013)

Thanks 72, I knew you would have an answer.

That rotation is stacked, especially when Langfield returns. I'm excited to see what Stephenson does. Same goes for Jesse Winker. I like him a lot after what he did in the Pioneer League last season, and my enthusiasm only grew when Baseball America referred to him as a potential #3 hitter in a contenders lineup.

Wandy Peralta seemed to have a tough adjustment to the U.S. last year, pitching mostly in relief for the AZL Reds, but he put together two very nice seasons as a teenager in the Dominican League. He's also a lefty. It's a pleasant surprise that he gets a spot, and makes the rotation no less interesting.

In fact, the whole roster is interesting. Peterson moving to 2B, which I guess was not entirely unexpected. Arias to the outfield, which makes a lot of sense given the reports on him at 3B. Humberto Valor on the bench. Mugarian going to a stacked bullpen that includes Wiley, Lucas (there have been very good reports on him) and David (presumably the reliever formerly known as Alejandro) Chacin. It should be a great team to follow.

Where is Dan Langfield?
    Also, this suggests Moscot will skip Dayton and go to Bakersfield. Don't be surprised if he emerges as a legit SP prospect this year.
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 03-31-2013 at 09:46 AM.

8. Likes:

mace (03-31-2013)

Lot's of talent on this team. Stephenson and Winker have the potential to be 2 cornerstones of the franchise in 4 years.

Great rotation. Anxious to see Romano, Cisco and Guillon pitch. Saw Stephenson last fall gas it up to 100mph. Should be a fun group to follow this season.

Turn Off Ads?