Turn Off Ads?

Thread: mark prior?

mark prior?

where did he end up?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: mark prior?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Prior signed to a minor league contract with the understanding that he would be pitching at AAA this year? However, I'm wondering if he is being held back in an extended spring training or something like that.

I don't fully understand all the ins and outs of extended spring training, but every team has players held back - usually for developmental or rehab stints. These players play in games against other teams' held back players.

A guy like Mark Prior, in extended spring training, during one of these "games," they may put him on a pitch count of, say 20 pitches. Let's say, Prior has a an outing where he goes one inning and throws 14 pitches. Rather than sending him back out for another inning, they may keep the inning going until he gets in his 20 pitches in (rather than three outs, maybe he gets four outs).

Of course, most of the minor league guys who will be assigned to short season leagues will stay in extended spring training until those leagues begin.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: mark prior?

He's in Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?