Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Day 4.1.13: Reds vs. Angels

Re: Opening Day 4.1.13: Reds vs. Angels

Would have been nice to have him in the playoffs last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

stubbs couldnt even do that

The Reds got Choo because he got hit by a pitch.

-Thom
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Did anyone else have problems getting mlbtv.com to load for the game? Trying to watch it on tv but Yankess game still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Did anyone else have problems getting mlbtv.com to load for the game? Trying to watch it on tv but Yankess game still on.
    Nope. had it on since 10 til 4 with no issue.
    Is it "next season" yet?

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Johnny really mixed up his pitches that inning. He took advantage of the opponents early season adrenaline by going with a lot of off-speed stuff. Nice inning!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Off to a good start- game is supposed to be on Extra Innings but so far is backed out. Meanwhile Extra Innings is showing Dodger game even though you can get it on ESPN. Sigh.
    Being in southern California, I am lucky enough to get all 3 games on the Angels TV network. Unfortunately I have to listen to Angels broadcasters.

This beer tastes better today than normal. Must be Opening Day!
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Choo already working on that obp!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    In fairness to those fans he HAS relapsed at least twice since then.
    Still, at the time of the trade, not many tears were shed for his departure.
    He put together a few MVP-calibar seasons, now the fans wish he had stayed?
    I can just see why he's so cold to the Cincy fans. The Cincy press wasn't exactly friendly to him after he was traded as well.

Honestly, those relapses he had were pretty minor compared to what some other players have done.. He got drunk and maybe/probably had an affair? I don't excuse that behavior, but plenty of other players do it without getting it plastered all over the internet.

His addiction to energy drinks (or whatever he was taking) was bad too, because it got so bad that he couldn't play a few games, but it's not as if it was that big of an impact.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

is mlb.tv giving a free week or is this the free game of the day anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Hamilton IS a ticking time bomb. He's literally one failed drug test from being kicked out of baseball, and we've seen he's relapsed with alcohol already.
    You're fine to have that opinion.. I'm just saying.. I can understand why Josh isn't particularly friendly to Cincinnati fans.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

14. Likes:

coachpipe (04-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Being in southern California, I am lucky enough to get all 3 games on the Angels TV network. Unfortunately I have to listen to Angels broadcasters.
    In NY I've got 2 channels showing the Tigers, 2 showing the Pirates, and two showing the Yankees. None showing the Reds.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

BP strikes out on ball 3 and Votto flies out almost to the track in left center, so now we've got Ludwick with Choo still on first.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Choo already working on that obp!
    Joey is distracted.... he is not used to seeing runners on base.

18. Likes:

reds44 (04-01-2013),WildcatFan (04-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?