Turn Off Ads?

Thread: opening day plans

opening day plans

hey, all. I was just wondering what everyone will be doing today for opening day (rituals, plans, who you will be watching with, work, etc.)

I will be in the man cave which has two tvs (42" LCD & 55" plasma) with my cousin and a friend. There might be beer, and I will be grilling some chicken, sausage, Hot Dogs. Keep in mind they are not Reds fans so that game goes on the main tv, and we will either vote on a game to watch on the other tv or alternate. anyway, let's hear your plans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: opening day plans

I am a little late to the thread but I was unfortunately driving home across Ohio to western PA. I lost the radio station just before Washington PA when they were tied 1-1 in the 7th.

Well don't worry I was mad for the both of us

Radio

I went to the game. Got down there around 10:30 and headed over to Holy Grail I really like what they did with the Opening Day Block Party. Festival style set up, streets closed. Vendors lining each side of the streets, a big stage with bands playing. A whole row of porta potties. Really was a great way to get lubed up before the game. We left to watch the parade, but ended up back there.
    All in all, despite the loss, a really fun day like always

6. Likes:

KC2135 (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerRodFarva View Post
    I went to the game. Got down there around 10:30 and headed over to Holy Grail I really like what they did with the Opening Day Block Party. Festival style set up, streets closed. Vendors lining each side of the streets, a big stage with bands playing. A whole row of porta potties. Really was a great way to get lubed up before the game. We left to watch the parade, but ended up back there.
    All in all, despite the loss, a really fun day like always
    I haven't been to an opening day since 1995. Coincidentally I think that was the last time we won a playoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    rituals
    Back in the dark ages (late 80s and 90s), my friends and I used to gather and watch what few games were on tv together. Our Opening Day ritual was to hang plastic fruit from the ceiling in honor of Nuxie, who loved to use the phrase "ol' ball orchard."

Turn Off Ads?