Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

lol Matheny is going to blow out Rosenthal's arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards are up 8-7 after 7 in Az. They were up 4-1.

Even if they win tonight, and not to sound too confident, but they don't look like a contending team. I know it's early, but they have some serious problems preventing runs. I can only see it get worse over a long season.

They remind me very much of the Reds from 2001-2008. Fun to watch, as long as you don't care who wins.
    Get back to us after, say, 60-80 games, and you may have a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Get back to us after, say, 60-80 games, and you may have a trend.
    I agree it's way too early, but it's based more on what I've seen, instead of the actual results. They are a below average defensive team with a pitching staff full of contact pitchers. They definitely have time to restructure the team, but as they are built right now, they better score a ton of runs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Cardinals score a run in the top of the 12th. Diamondbacks answer. Game rolls along into the 13th.

Game entering the 15th. Salas finished his first inning of work. Cardinals have nothing but their backup catcher and their four remaining starters available. Josh Collmenter starting his fourth inning of work. How he is not in someone's rotation is a mystery.

3 up and 3 down for the Redbirds. Salas toes the rubber for his second inning of work. He threw a lot of pitches in his first inning. At least 20.

I hope the game goes 25 innings.

Snakes on a bench as they go down slithering. 1-2-3.

I am already tired of Kirk Gibson's Hisssssss-trionics.

Josh Collmenter must be in for the duration. He is into his 5th inning of work. Two down. Fernando Salas with an extremely rare at-bat. He makes Collmenter work before coming up empty on the 8th pitch of the at-bat.

Kubel with a lead-off walk in the bottom of the 16th. Ian Kennedy pinch-hitting for Collmenter. Sac bunt. Duck on the pond with one out. First-pitch walk-off single. 10-9 Arizona.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-04-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Houston batters struck out 43 times in their series with the Rangers. 55% of their outs in the series came via the strike out.

People are "WOOOing" in Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Another cactus comeback.

And the Cardinals lose in 16. Great night of baseball

And I heard the Woo too. It's spreading

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I agree it's way too early, but it's based more on what I've seen, instead of the actual results. They are a below average defensive team with a pitching staff full of contact pitchers. They definitely have time to restructure the team, but as they are built right now, they better score a ton of runs.
    LOL at the pitching staff full of contact pitchers comment. Yeah because we all know that Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, and Arroyo are amazing strike out artists...

To draw any conclusions of a team this early in the game when key players are out for the Cardinals is a bit silly.

EDIT: The one thing I question is why Rosenthal isn't in the closer's role until Motte is off the DL. As I said on this forum in a previous thread (which some of you scoffed at because of the "everyone can close" mantra) Boggs sucks as a closer. He proved it again tonight. Excellent setup guy, one of the best in baseball last year, but if he is in the closing role he folds like a cheap suit. Rosenthal is perfect for the 9th innings. It boggles my mind why he isn't pitching there.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 04-04-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    LOL at the pitching staff full of contact pitchers comment. Yeah because we all know that Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, and Arroyo are amazing strike out artists...

To draw any conclusions of a team this early in the game when key players are out for the Cardinals is a bit silly.

EDIT: The one thing I question is why Rosenthal isn't in the closer's role until Motte is off the DL. As I said on this forum in a previous thread (which some of you scoffed at because of the "everyone can close" mantra) Boggs sucks as a closer. He proved it again tonight. Excellent setup guy, one of the best in baseball last year, but if he is in the closing role he folds like a cheap suit. Rosenthal is perfect for the 9th innings. It boggles my mind why he isn't pitching there.
    Didn't Rosenthal also blow the save in the bottom of the 8th inning?

And since when is Homer Bailey lumped in with the soft tossers? 166 K's last year.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Houston batters struck out 43 times in their series with the Rangers. 55% of their outs in the series came via the strike out.
    Going to be a looooooooong season in Houston. If they win 55 games they should have a parade for them.

The Nationals have yet to give up a run.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Didn't Rosenthal also blow the save in the bottom of the 8th inning?

And since when is Homer Bailey lumped in with the soft tossers? 166 K's last year.
    While that's a fair point, a 7.3 SO/9 doesn't scream strike out king either. He has the same career SO/9 as Garcia, whose mainly a contact pitcher.

Contact pitchers are fine. Contact pitchers with below average defense are not.

I do agree the Rosenthal should be the closer. He might fail, but he won't be worse than Boggs.

While that's a fair point, a 7.3 SO/9 doesn't scream strike out king either. He has the same career SO/9 as Garcia, whose mainly a contact pitcher.
    Wainwright, Garcia, Miller, Rosenthal... I wouldn't classify the Cards as a "contact" staff. But their D is definitely an issue. Has been for quite a few years since Rolen, Edmonds and others left town.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Wainwright, Garcia, Miller, Rosenthal... I wouldn't classify the Cards as a "contact" staff. But their D is definitely an issue. Has been for quite a few years since Rolen, Edmonds and others left town.
    They have a 12 man pitching staff. I'd say at least six are contact pitchers, including three of their starters. Whatever you want to call it, they need more K pitchers with that defense.

Turn Off Ads?