Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Matt Harvey pitches tomorrow against Pittsburgh. Indicates that he won't face the Cards in four game series v. Mets.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    You are the one who said that Miller's start was the best since 1492? I was simply pointing out that was not correct. If your information is not intended to be accurate, simply say so. But don't take exception if someone corrects information you have posted as factual.

And Bobo Hollman had a no hitter in his first major league start.
    OK, I see the problem. I meant to say the best start for a Card rookie. (ERA, 1st 8 starts) My error. But I stand by my amazement. See, I was watching the Bulls/Heat game mostly and the Cards on radio. I did not know the kid had not given up a hit since that crack bat single in the 1st.

Turned off the Bulls and got back to baseball and learned what was going on in the 8th. So I was hanging on every pitch. I DID notice that Miller got every borderline call. Anyway, it was a kick.

Some no hitters take an awful lot of luck. Van der Meer comes immidiatly to mind X2! He walked like 10 or 11 guys in those 2 games. If memory serves, he walked the bases loaded in the 9th in the 2nd one. First nite game in history. Leo the Lip made a fine play to end the threat.
    Last edited by Magdal; 05-11-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Matt Harvey pitches tomorrow against Pittsburgh. Indicates that he won't face the Cards in four game series v. Mets.
    Must admit that is a lucky break. But really, it's been the #3 and 4 starters that have been shutting them down.

Wainright has no hit the Rockies through five innings today. Cards have no-hit the Rockies since the first inning of yesterday's game.

Cards have had several rallies, can't push a run across so far.

Cards now with a major opportunity, I doubt this is scoreless much longer. 2-0 Cards now.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-11-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Miller and Wainwright combined to retire 40 straight Rockies.

Still no hits in 46 straight batters.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    OK, I see the problem. I meant to say the best start for a Card rookie. (ERA, 1st 8 starts) My error. But I stand by my amazement. See, I was watching the Bulls/Heat game mostly and the Cards on radio. I did not know the kid had not given up a hit since that crack bat single in the 1st.

Turned off the Bulls and got back to baseball and learned what was going on in the 8th. So I was hanging on every pitch. I DID notice that Miller got every borderline call. Anyway, it was a kick.

Some no hitters take an awful lot of luck. Van der Meer comes immidiatly to mind X2! He walked like 10 or 11 guys in those 2 games. If memory serves, he walked the bases loaded in the 9th in the 2nd one. First nite game in history. Leo the Lip made a fine play to end the threat.
    Leo was traded to the Cards in 31 for Derringer. It was Billy Myers at SS. But your point is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Miller and Wainwright combined to retire 40 straight Rockies.

Still no hits in 46 straight batters.
    Ridiculous streak! That rotation is good.

Broken up in the 8th.

Keep an eye on the Rockies Cardinals game Jorge De La Rosa having a great start against the Cards through 6.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Kinda cool to see the roles reversed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Keep an eye on the Rockies Cardinals game Jorge De La Rosa having a great start against the Cards through 6.
    His no-no was broken up in the 7th, but the Rockies have scored three against Carlos "Stud" Martinez in the top of the 8th.

Now 8-0 Rockies
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Cardinals and Mets tied at three in the bottom of the seventh. The real story here, Lynn has thrown 124 pitches and it's mid May. I'm sorry, I just can't see this holding up through the "dog days".
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Cardinals and Mets tied at three in the bottom of the seventh. The real story here, Lynn has thrown 124 pitches and it's mid May. I'm sorry, I just can't see this holding up through the "dog days".
    The Mets let him off the hook in the first. Had some hard hit balls also. Maybe losing all the weight will actually backfire by August?

The other real story is that the Cards are taking this game over in the seventh, 6-3.

I think what the Cardinals might do is when September rolls around, they're probably going to give Michael Wacha some starts to let some of the starters rest. Who knows, Carpenter might be back by then too. He looks like a bullpen option right now but who knows what kind of wacky things they have planned for him. He certainly won't know how to explain it to his son.

Turn Off Ads?