Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Amazing finish in Atlanta. BJ Upton homers to tie the game, and then one out later his brother homers to win it. In related news, Carlos Marmol is awful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Country Kepp hitting .048. That won't last.
    Peter Kozma looks to be the only Cardinal regular hitting over .250. Yikes!
    Shelby Miller with a decent first start.
    Trevor Bauer with 7 walks in 5 innings of work. Wow. He walked the first four batters he faced. He walked three more in the third.
    Drew Stubbs with a day off already.

The young Boston 3B Middlebrooks is having quite the day today with 3 bombs a Redsox blowout of the Jays
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I love early season stats, Middlebrooks was hitting .200/.273/.400 before the game and .320/.370/.880 after. Also, all glove SS Jose Iglesias is hitting .529/.556./.647 and without hitting anything past the IF except a few grounders down the 3B line.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I am SOOOOO happy that Edinson Volquez is no longer with the Reds. Still in the first inning today....SD vs Rocks.

4 hits and a walk.
    2 wild pitches.
    1 HR.
    3 runs.
    ERA up to 22.09....and they're still batting.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Houston Astros struck out 13 more times on Friday Night. 56 in four games. I can't believe Bud Selig sat by and let them completely dismantle the Astros and turn it into a AAA club. For the good of the game and all that. What about integrity? Fans down here are none to happy. How about this little tidbit?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...#ixzz2Pg0Ildu0
    wow
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I love early season stats, Middlebrooks was hitting .200/.273/.400 before the game and .320/.370/.880 after. Also, all glove SS Jose Iglesias is hitting .529/.556./.647 and without hitting anything past the IF except a few grounders down the 3B line.
    A few years back -- I think it might have been Arroyo's first season as a Red, his second game -- I saw the Reds play at Wrigley the second week of the year and the Reds hammered them for like six home runs, including one by Arroyo. I forget who was pitching in relief for the Cubs, but one point I looked up at the board and saw that his ERA was infinity.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Alfredo Aceves after OD last year, too, gave up a walkoff without getting any outs, I think it said INF in the box score.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Cardinals put 9 ER on Matt Cain and did it in one inning with no Holliday or Freese. They are now 13-for-19 the last game and a half with RISP with 8 two out RBI. Pete Kozma with yet another weak hit to keep his BABIP skyrocketing and is now hitting .312 in the big's after hitting .236 in a 2429 minor league AB with over an .200 point OPS spike despite playing most of his minor league career in big time hitters leagues.

Lets hope they get all that garbage out of their system by this next series.

EDIT
    The Cards add another hit with RISP to make it 14-for-20 the last two games and added two more two out RBI to reach 10 the last two games all done with 2 just XBH total both doubles.

EDIT #2:
    In the 9th the Cards add 2 more hits with RISP and 2 more RBI with 2 outs. Finnish the last two games at 16-for-24 thanks to making the final out by letting a relief pitcher hit with runner on 3rd, and now with 12 RBI with 2 outs the last two nights.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 04-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Daniel Nava does it again, I swear, the story of that guy's career would seem too unbelievable and corny for a kid's movie. Doesn't make his college team, doesn't get drafted or signed, contract bought for $1 from independent league team, works his way up to the majors and hits a grand slam on the first pitch he sees, gets DFA and clears waivers but works his way back up to the majors again, makes an opening day roster for the first time at age 30, and hits a game winning HR in his first home opener start.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-09-2013),texasdave (04-09-2013)

The Houston Astros have lost six in a row since their win on Opening Night. They have been outscored 37-9 in that stretch. Bud Selig should be ashamed. Integrity of the game and all that. That simply isn't a major league team, IMO. I made a rather hefty (for me) wager with a Houston Astro fan. 60 or more wins and I am a loser. 59 or fewer wins and it is Winner. Winner. Chicken. Dinner. I am feeling pretty good about that one. Like candy from a baby. I have lived in Houston for so long that I am kinda, sorta an Astros fan. It is gonna be a long year down here. Silver lining? Good seats for the Reds' games should be pretty cheap.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-09-2013 at 01:18 AM.

I have no problem the way Houston is trying to rebuild. why waste money to go from 60 wins to 65?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    A few years back -- I think it might have been Arroyo's first season as a Red, his second game -- I saw the Reds play at Wrigley the second week of the year and the Reds hammered them for like six home runs, including one by Arroyo. I forget who was pitching in relief for the Cubs, but one point I looked up at the board and saw that his ERA was infinity.
    Glendon Rusch. The Reds actually faced the Cubs the week before at GABP and Arroyo took Rusch deep that day too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    I have no problem the way Houston is trying to rebuild. why waste money to go from 60 wins to 65?
    Of course you are up in Bridgetown and not paying Major League prices for a Minor League product, are you? I wonder if your perspective would change a bit if the Reds were on their way to a 50-win season? They didn't just trade a few pieces that were getting a little more expensive. They traded every single piece that they thought might bring them back some prospects. I might add, with no real guarantee of succeeding with their austerity program. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and say you don't have a problem. You aren't a fan of the team, I am guessing. It is shameful. These aren't exactly halcyon days here in Houston as far as the local nine is concerned. Ownership has put a god-awful product on the field. And Bud Selig bent the team over by sending them to the A.L. I have yet to run across a fan that wanted that move to go down. Nope. There is no sunshine around here as far as the National Pastime is concerned.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-09-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Anyone see the final pitch in the Texas Rangers win yesterday over Tampa? It was an atrocious strike call on a 3-2 pitch and I think it really needs to be discussed. There's no excuse for a major league ump to miss a call by that much. It was nearly in the dirt as well as being 6" outside. In fact it never was a strike from the time it left the pitcher's hand.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...ke-call-040813

Turn Off Ads?